Interesting article. 12 factory wheels on Z06s and no problems for me. Once I thought I for sure would have bent a wheel on the 15 and nope... took the pothole like a champion.
Lightweight components required a bit of intellect to use properly.

Imagine these guys want to see this on their Corvette instead? 😂
6EC64946-6DCC-4C82-A676-BBC51F17AF10.jpeg

Interesting article. 12 factory wheels on Z06s and no problems for me. Once I thought I for sure would have bent a wheel on the 15 and nope... took the pothole like a champion.
Lightweight components required a bit of intellect to use properly.

Imagine these guys want to see this on their Corvette instead? 😂
View attachment 26432

Have you spun them on a good tire machine or going by eye. I have seen 6 wheels this month off low mike cars. Impeccable to look at but all bent! The machine showed the run out. Machine vary with run out tolerance before they light you. Fifty thou is considered to be the limit by many. You won’t see it but boy does it show when it’s spun!

Have you spun them on a good tire machine or going by eye. I have seen 6 wheels this month off low mike cars. Impeccable to look at but all bent!

Had tires changed on 2 of them on the dealership machine and no problems reported. Not a shimmy or any issues whatsoever from the steering wheel. This tested from 0 to 275kph.
As I mentioned... drive your mag ride car in track mode on the street and yes I fully believe these wheels could be damaged or bent. I have no doubt these wheels are fragile as compared to a more utilitarian wheel tire set up.

Reactions: LE BARON
Not sure how your roads are out in Edmonton in the spring. I've only been there once in the spring. Other than all the sand and gravel I think they were better than ours lol. GTA is a mess of potholes in spring as I'm sure our members in the area can attest to. One wheel I saw had 61 thou and it drove good even at 180 but flagged. I was personally in the car before it was changed and run on a good current Hunter road force. Sometimes it will still balance but over 50 thou is usually where it gets tricky. If they could/can balance it they often don't say a peep believe it or not.

Not sure how your roads are out in Edmonton in the spring. I've only been there once in the spring. Other than all the sand and gravel I think they were better than ours lol. GTA is a mess of potholes in spring as I'm sure our members in the area can attest to. One wheel I saw had 61 thou and it drove good even at 180 but flagged. I was personally in the car before it was changed and run on a good current Hunter road force. Sometimes it will still balance but over 50 thou is usually where it gets tricky. If they could/can balance it they often don't say a peep believe it or not.

Yes of course. That must be the difference as the roads in Edmonton are smooth as glass after the mild winter we normally have. 😂
I can’t comment as to the balance of the tires I had put on being on or even beyond the tolerances as I just expect my dealership to flag up anything that isn’t perfect on my Corvettes and Hummer when they work on them. So far these guys have been pretty straight with me as far as I can tell as they don’t hesitate to show me things that they think need attention either from a warranty perspective or out of pocket. They know I want my vehicles to be in perfect condition and also know I’m not an upsell mark. Meaning if I had a bad wheel they would tell me regardless of who would be expected to bear the cost. It’s a safety thing so I would expect that as I have a strong relationship established with these guys.
That’s why my vehicles go the this particular dealership for service and not some random tire or lube shop that may have a “better” price. I’m a strong believer in “you get what you pay for”.

I'm having 2 rear rims replaced under warranty... small cracks. There is a class action suit in the States... seems to be a problem.
Were you getting air pressure loss from those two rims?
I have a very slow leak, 2-3 weeks for it to show up on the monitor on one rear rim. Doubt it would show up on a leak test because it is so slow. I just check all tires around once a week now to try to have balanced setup.
I noticed this just last year when I took the car out from hibernation and did not think much of it at the time as it had sat for slightly over six months.

I always thought that QC had the worst roads!
My street is a slalom course to get to my abode. Luckily I am not too far off the main road which is in better shape.

I always thought that QC had the worst roads!
My street is a slalom course to get to my abode. Luckily I am not too far off the main road which is in better shape.

Montreal area roads are nasty for sure. You don't see a lot of lowered cars with low side wall wheel and tire combos in the city for a good reason I think lol.

Montreal area roads are nasty for sure. You don't see a lot of lowered cars with low side wall wheel and tire combos in the city for a good reason I think lol.
Montreal is a construction zone since a few years ago and for a few more years.
Their getting ready to open the new Champlain bridge this month. Problem is that there is construction at either end for a new rapid transit rail or a major exchange. If they don't get you coming on to the bridge they get you after it. Routing gets changed monthly as sections are opened up. A pretty good obstacle course. Nothing for high speed, or even normal speed, as it twists and winds around all the construction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.