TwinZ06

I'm New Here
You're 5
Apr 16, 2018
Penticton, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2006/2007 Z06's
I need to buy new rotors for my 06 Z06. Car is mostly tracked. Looking to see if anyone can give me any feedback on the DBA 4000 front/rear or 5000 front rotors.

Thanks

I use ‘cheap’ stoptech slotted for track but don’t like that the front’s vanes are both directional the same way (like OE) despite different part numbers.
I will likely try the DBAs next time as well but so far surprisingly little wear on them with Carbotech XP20 pads

Thanks for the reply tommy. At the moment I have the stock rotors on the car and after last season at the track I noticed that they are starting to crack, so it is time for some slotted only discs. I thought I would put it out there if anyone had tried the DBA's so I could get some feedback, as I think I will go with the 5000 front and 4000 rears for next track season. Still go time to think about it but at the end of the day, my as well buy quality and then there is less to worry about. I am using the Hawk pads and they work great, so I will stick with those......Thanks again

TwinZ06..
Welcome to the CCForums.
It sounds like you are getting the most fun out of your ride at the track.
We get up that way a lot in the summer months as my son lives in Summerland.
I look forward to meeting you in the future.
Take care.
Graham

This summer I tried the C7 version of the DBA 5000 series 2 piece front rotors on my 2015 Z51 and they cracked the very first session at Area 27. For reference, I was running GLoc (Carbotech) R12 pads at a best lap time of 2:21.09

DBA are aware of an issue with some of their 5000 series rotors and are apparently re doing the castings to fix the issue (but that will take some time), they are standing behind their product and giving warranty to all affected by the problem. Not sure if the C6 version is affected or not but thought I would add my 2 cents worth to the discussion so you could do further research before buying into a potential issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.