Jan 23, 2015
VetteCoins
Lots of rain on the way to wash the roads clean....almost double digits in a few days.... Who else thinks it might be time to dust off their ride?

I’m thinking if the forecast holds/is correct that I’m going to dust things off for March 23rd. Who’s with me?!

Lots of rain on the way to wash the roads clean....almost double digits in a few days.... Who else thinks it might be time to dust off their ride?

I’m thinking if the forecast holds/is correct that I’m going to dust things off for March 23rd. Who’s with me?!

Darn right. Looked out the window and thought exactly the same thing.... errrrr.....maybe not...

I unveiled mine, checked the tire pressure and took a victory lap on the expressway here in Windsor this afternoon. Four degrees C but sunny and dry. Oh, what a great feeling!

I like to see the snow all gone, then 2-3 good rains to wash the salt and calcium chloride brine away. That's usually about mid April or after. One dose of salt and you might as well drive the car all winter. It is coated and WILL corrode in the cracks and crannies.

No one wants salt on their baby that’s for sure. If you run it on a rainy day or two post contamination it will flush it out. If there is a path for it to get in it can be flushed out. Especially since it’s water soluable.

It might be June before the roads open for my Corvette here in the official coldest capital city in the world. Environment Canada blessed us with the news that this year Ottawa had the distinction of experiencing the worst winter of any major city in the country. More snow, more freezing rain, more cold days and more general winter crapola. It is depressing to the extreme. I am so fed up that next year I will join flyboy999 and winterize the Stingray for driving on decent days. If that were the case this year, there may have been 10 of those occasions but in an average winter there would be 30-50 good winter driving days with clear roads. I am waiting for a reply from Al Gore as to the official start date for the warming up of our nations capital. March 13 today and we had another 10 cm of white crap. Come on Al, you promised!

It might be June before the roads open for my Corvette here in the official coldest capital city in the world. Environment Canada blessed us with the news that this year Ottawa had the distinction of experiencing the worst winter of any major city in the country. More snow, more freezing rain, more cold days and more general winter crapola. It is depressing to the extreme. I am so fed up that next year I will join flyboy999 and winterize the Stingray for driving on decent days. If that were the case this year, there may have been 10 of those occasions but in an average winter there would be 30-50 good winter driving days with clear roads. I am waiting for a reply from Al Gore as to the official start date for the warming up of our nations capital. March 13 today and we had another 10 cm of white crap. Come on Al, you promised!
As much as I feel for your pain Van., we just went through a solid month of -30's. -25 on a few warmer days. Other than the 8" of snow we had last week, we have been lucky there, so barring the cold, the winter driving days in central Alberta could be many if someone was inclined. Chin up. Spring is coming. I just don't know when.

Well in a year when they make a snowman in Vegas, we know it will be cold in the Great White North. All that -30's - same here - we broke a 120 year record for the coldest day. My buddy on the Left coast works at a marina in Richmond and the poor bugger had to wear gloves and a hat on a few days this winter. I really feel for him - not! I'll need a chin strap to keep it up if we don't see some black pavement soon. Despite all my negativity, we are told by the weather gurus that a very warm spring is approaching. Hope it gets sent from Alberta so you guys can experience it first.

Tuesday morning in Mission BC. My storage policy expires on March 31 so I hope that there is a drastic improvement in the weather over the next 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 20190312_102623[1].jpg
    20190312_102623[1].jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.