HardyZ06

Casual User
Apr 3, 2018
Port Elgin, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2018 Z06
MVIMG_20180406_183945.jpg
'nuf said....... My drive home from work today....

We had rains and the roads were looking pretty well washed down. A couple more rains and we would be good to go. Then, Wednesday night we got half an inch and the sand and salt trucks were out doing their best to use up what salt and sand they had left. Back to waiting for more rain. Seldom do we get our cars out before the middle of April and this year isn't looking much different. Two weeks are going to feel like two months. :(

That's Port Elgin for ya. Some of my drives back home from there at Christmas in the dark were absolutely brutal.

Bill
I'm used to the crappy winter drives around here, and have the appropriate vehicle for that. Just, it's April and I'm done with it. Glad I found the one and only day 2 weeks ago to get her home and in my garage!

Reactions: Riley P
Damn man I feel for you guys... :Nopity: LOL wink wink..... We have had some rain here but also some very nice days that saw a lot of muscle cars, exotics etc cruising the streets. I guess the upside to shitty weather is less miles on the odometer....

Reactions: Rick9456
Hammered in Haliburton too. Snow high winds, power outages, ice and the roads just a mess.

In a complete act of defiance I am going to remove the car cover today just to show I have no fear. Well maybe a little. No I don't think I will after all.:(:Biggrin:

I just want some sun and warmth.

As with most things I need to weigh to pros and cons.
Given: Crappy Weather
Pros: vette stays in garage, saves insurance money, doesn't use gas, doesn't rack up the miles, doesn't wear out tires or need oil changed,
its the biggest problem I have right now and its not really a problem, its just an annoyance.
Cons: It makes the spring wait worse,it's not much fun, can't control it, I don't mind buying gas and racking up miles.
Conclusion: Its out of our hands, and as I look out at the falling snow, I say S@#$, and assuming winter is a good thing, remember that all good things come to an end.
Solution: Have a beer, watch the hockey (hell it ain't over till June), maybe even chase the wife around the kitchen table.

I see no upside to not driving my Corvette. I thought maybe this weekend but noooooo - snow flurries started falling again after breakfast and that combined with the salt trucks that seriously over-dump salt everywhere and I'm staying home again. Dragged out some of my old Corvette magazines and spent the afternoon reading along with a beer and tv car shows. For some odd reason this is driving my wife crazy too :angelic:

Reactions: HardyZ06
Yiiikkkkees, it’s Snowing!! Dusting? I hope. I put Insurance back on, Yesterday! Edmonton, AB. I was staying only on the Main Roads. Then driving back from the Pool (Colosseum), and this ‘white’ stuff starts up. :( Only periodic driving around, till My New ‘19 GS gets delivered! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.