digi2t

Casual User
Mar 6, 2018
Quebec
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Corvette
Guilty as charged.

Finally got rid of the black Naugahyde for some real leather...

Message_1586112703721_resized.jpg

Also replaced the tired plastic nut shims on the actuators, and installed the bottom bolster foam and padding kit.

Look good 👍 .. how much cost ?

Covers, 2x bolster foam kits, and 2x seat bracket and shim kits = about 1G. Canadian.
The seat covers came from an Ebay seller in the States. The rest from Corvette Depot. I got really lucky on the covers, I was seeing pricing for genuine leather in the $1500 USD range at the usual places. These came in at just under $800 CAD delivered. That they were in a color scheme that I really wanted as well... BONUS!

If you're planning this for your ride, expect to sacrifice a day of work for each seat. I only saved about 2 hours doing the second one.

• Informative
Reactions: Bixter44
Covers, 2x bolster foam kits, and 2x seat bracket and shim kits = about 1G. Canadian.
The seat covers came from an Ebay seller in the States. The rest from Corvette Depot. I got really lucky on the covers, I was seeing pricing for genuine leather in the $1500 USD range at the usual places. These came in at just under $800 CAD delivered. That they were in a color scheme that I really wanted as well... BONUS!

If you're planning this for your ride, expect to sacrifice a day of work for each seat. I only saved about 2 hours doing the second one.
And you had no problem with Corvette Depot???????

And you had no problem with Corvette Depot???????

Not at all. I've found them to be very good in fact. Ordered a bunch from them, with no problems. In fact, the only hiccup to date occurred the year before last when I had to replace the rack and pinion, and ordered a rebuilt unit from them. The unit came from a shop in Texas, and immediately after I installed it, it started to leak from the Magnasteer pigtail. I contacted CD, sent them a bunch of hi-rez pictures, and they promptly contacted the shop and went to bat for me. The shop accepted the failure as their QC fault. CD sent Fed Ex to pick up the defective rack, and two weeks later I had another unit. Didn't cost me a cent. Now... granted, I had to do the job twice, and it set me back 2 additional weeks for the replacement unit, but, I don't consider it to be CD's fault. They did the best they could under the circumstances. In fact, I got good at pulling and installing the rack, so when I decided to go with a new cam chain unit and underdrive balancer last winter, I had that sucker in and out in a jiffy. When the only parts you can get are refurb's or reman's, it's something that can happen. Besides, it was mid-winter, and it wasn't like I had anything better to do.

Dying instantly from anything is simple.
If you catch the covid, and live, it might be a nasty ride, unless you enjoy hospital time. Living on a ventilator sure sounds like a treat!
Many, many more unenjoyable side effects.
Sure, the virus is bad IF you get it. For the elderly and/or those with compromised health, it can be more of a problem. I'm in the compromised group in age and health but I am not going to listen to a whole lot of scare hype when there is nothing to back it up and hide. I'm going to carry on and live my life as best as I can. Keep this lock down on much longer and the economy is going to be destroyed. All kinds of small Mom and Pop businesses are already gone. Within the first month, in Ontario alone, 34 people had died while waiting for elective surgery because the hospitals were shut down. Robbing Peter to save a Paul is not the answer.

Reactions: melphis and eric61
Listening to scare hype is optional.
I too am in the compromised group, deeply.
I dealt with this s**t in Jan, and I am still. Feeling in my face is minimal at best. Today is a "good neck day", because I don't feel like I've got whiplash, like I did the past 17/20 days. etc, etc....my problems.
If "mom and pop" lost their business, they were lucky not to lose their lives.
If said business was worth a damn, it'll be up and running again.

Dying instantly from anything is simple.
If you catch the covid, and live, it might be a nasty ride, unless you enjoy hospital time. Living on a ventilator sure sounds like a treat!
Many, many more unenjoyable side effects.
Less than 0.1% of those infected die, and few more than that need any hospitilazation, let alone ventilator treatment. Stop the hysteria.

Listening to scare hype is optional.
I too am in the compromised group, deeply.
I dealt with this s**t in Jan, and I am still. Feeling in my face is minimal at best. Today is a "good neck day", because I don't feel like I've got whiplash, like I did the past 17/20 days. etc, etc....my problems.
If "mom and pop" lost their business, they were lucky not to lose their lives.
If said business was worth a damn, it'll be up and running again.
You are one of the few unlucky ones. And I notice you apparently did not die from this "deadly" virus.

Listen Guys, We have beaten this to death already. Oversimplifying the numbers doesn't change anything. Comparing this auto accidents, the flu or any other potential death causing situation is still apples to oranges. If you want the situation the USA or Brasil are having then I suggest you move there and live with their situation. It is low here in Canada because we are putting up with the change in our lives to keep it under control.

I'm pretty sure I caught it in February. I wasn't in Canada and had no desire to check out the Dominican health system. I self isolated by the pool, drank a ton of water, moderate amounts of rum and every drop of cough syrup I could get. We made it back home and all is well. My wife thinks she had it in January. For both of us it was like a severe cold or mild flu but with a horrible non stop cough.

I still wonder why in 2018 over 650,000 people died world wide from H1N1 and nobody had to wear a mask or shut down their businesses, I am also wondering why all provincial and federal governments along with all media are almost in hysterics again because the daily count keeps going up. If we test everyday what the hell do you think the outcome will be.

Reactions: eric61
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread