I haven’t done mine yet but will. I’ve seen it done on a 2009 ZR1 at Envision Auto. My concern was the bolt having a clip behind that might not reattach. Turns out there is no clip and all it takes is removing the one bolt,pulling back the panel a bit and lo and behold,hocus pocus,all the gravel falls out. After that,take a small paintbrush or equivalent and sweep out the remaining dust. And the nice thing is,you don’t have to take the rear tires off.

Will do. And thinking of applying a clear silicone or ? to seal the cracks.

That might help. I believe there’s a few ways to slow down the build up. Not sure if you can stop it completely or not. If you seal up the inside of the fender skirt around the body trim I suppose that would help the most.

Of all the C6s I’ve seen,each one has different places where the inside skirt doesn’t match up underneath. That’s where the gravel gets in. Overall,I’d say it’s build quality from car to car.

Myself,I was sort of stressing about it a couple of years ago. Not anymore. I have more important issues at hand. Once I remove it and put the bolt in, I’m not going to worry about it until I notice it again.

Just remove the one bolt form the bottom and the panel will pull out enough to drop all the stones. Don’t silicone it. The stones aren’t getting in there. There are coming from the rear wheel well area on the front half. If you run your fingers inside the wheel well lip, you will see what I mean. I used some foam weather stripping with an adhesive on the back and “strategically” stuck it in the opening. Stopped about 98% of the stones and never came out.

@Sustain26
Here is that thread. Mikey actually started it. Lots of good info in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.