Don't know anything about them but it appears between the immense size of the column and the floor support legs, it doesn't look like much of a space saver over a 4 post lift. Do you intend to park your car on it and have another underneath? The floor legs that protrude from the bottom of the column also appear to be about 4 to 5 inches in height to drive over. A single post lift wouldn't be my choice but like I said.... Have no experience at all with them.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
No, I'm not parking a car under it. I have a loft in the front part of my garage so I can't lift my car high enough to park 1 underneath and can't utilize a 4 post lift the way it should be used. It'll just be used for servicing my cars and in winter lift up and store my ZR1 on it.

Currently have a QJ 7000SLX but looking for a more robust upgrade, also been checking out mid rise scissor lifts also that could be a better fit in my garage than a single post lift

No, I'm not parking a car under it. I have a loft in the front part of my garage so I can't lift my car high enough to park 1 underneath and can't utilize a 4 post lift the way it should be used. It'll just be used for servicing my cars and in winter lift up and store my ZR1 on it.

Currently have a QJ 7000SLX but looking for a more robust upgrade, also been checking out mid rise scissor lifts also that could be a better fit in my garage than a single post lift
ahhhh.... In that case, they have good reviews as a robust lift.

If/when you get a new lift, I would be interested in your Quick Jacks if you want to part with them.

I'll keep it in mind but based on where I am and where you are it could be "interesting" figuring out shipping on my QJ.

Let's pivot a bit.....................I went to Lift Superstore in Oakville yesterday to check out the single post lift and I was shown a mid rise scissor lift. My mind at the time was fixated on the single beam so I wasn't really paying too much attention to the scissor one but after I got home the more I looked at videos of the scissor lift and the pamphlets I was given on both versions of lifts the scissor lift makes more sense (financially and usage of lift I would be getting).

So my attention is now off the single beam lift and onto scissor lifts........................so what's your experience with mid rise scissor lifts if you own one?

Good question! I had a M1 (M-1 Single Post Car Lift Made in USA - American Custom Lifts) single post lift installed a few years ago.

I chose M1 because Ido not trust the build on the products out of China, etc. to support my cars. The M1 is extremely well built with near perfect wields and attention to detail and comes in many colours. It works effortlessly and has plenty of capacity for the vehicles you mention. If your ceiling is lower or higher, no problem as the manufacturer will, as he did for me, custom build the vertical post.

The reason I went with the M1 was simple. It is so easy to drive in and out of the garage while under the lift. All you need to do is watch a single post (which is great for my wife in her sports car). It takes up little space and frankly, is the “talk of the town” in my neighbourhood. A number of folks in the hood have added the M1 to their garage after seeing just how unique and simple it is. Having the only infrastructure all in one place is a real bonus. It leaves the garage wide-open. The integrated smoothly ramped half plate on the floor is low. My C8 easily clears it without using the lift option. A real bonus is the ease of working on the cars when lifted.

In my experience, the four post lifts are great too, just not as slick or easy to live with as the M1. Happy Motoring!

These are some pics of the Stratus mid rise scissor lift I bought a few weeks ago (SAE MS9000X, 9000lbs capacity) and just got it going yesterday. I thought I had some issues after getting the platforms up for the first time. Noticed all the oil sitting on the bottom frames, I checked all the fittings to the cylinders but they are dry so my only assumption here is either some oil present after lift is produced, crated and could sit for a long period of time before a customer buys lift so the oil keeps the metal from corroding/developing surface rust.

I cleaned up all the oil yesterday, and this morning checked it again and all good, fittings still dry and I did another couple of test lifts. Yesterday the platforms were jerky and very slow going down (needed to stand/sit on 1 of the platforms while hitting down button before lift would slowly go down with some jerkyness).

This morning, I installed the end ramps to the platforms and the extra weight now on the lift was enough for it to lower on its own with a major reduction of jerkyness (but still kinda there). I will need to do a test lift with a car and see how it lowers and I think it will be fine.

Last pic is the back of the power unit with cover removed, all good in there so cover will be added back on tomorrow.

Tony

Last edited:
Not necessary, I can use my daily or the GF's for the first test lift, just have to get around to it (not happening this weekend unfortunately).

Video coming of that event when it happens and there will definitely be a video of the ZR bottom exposure on this lift and I can totally finish up my CF frame brace install.

Getting closer to getting a car on my new scissor lift to try it out, drained out the fairly new hydraulic oil that I was using and replaced with new stuff. Done a whole bunch of no load test lifts and it is now moving much better. No leaks anywhere and I am waiting for my new grease gun to show up with the proper fitting needed to grease all the moving points and I will be ready to try it out.

My original plan of keeping the lift on 1 side of my garage and keeping the ZR parked on the other side should work but the lift needs to move slightly more towards the centre of my garage so the ZR will need to move a tad more over to give me room to bring a car in, lifted up and work on it with the Vette still in the garage. I'm sure in certain situations I will need to move it outside so that's not a biggie.

Video coming soon of the real test lift.

Last edited:
I hope so too, this thing cost me quite a bit and the logistics to get it here from the US (Texas) made it sorta challenging but it got done, and it's not going anywhere the lift itself weighs 1300+ lbs. (but is quite movable with the wheels slid on it when you need to move it).

Would love a 4 post lift in my garage but I have a loft at the front of it so that wouldn't work to have a 4 post, a Max Jax would do the job also but I have no clue how thick my concrete is (more on the thinner side) and I wasn't going to do the expense of pouring new concrete on my floor.

So for lifting up cars for maintenance and storing the ZR in the winter time this lift fits the bill for me.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I haven't gotten the ZR1 on my scissor lift yet but I have used it a few times already doing work on my other 2 cars (dailys) so yesterday I did this video when I brought in 1 of them for some suspension work:

ZR1 test lift coming soon.

How do you like it so far? Thoughts, issues, regrets?

I like it, so far so good. It is working out great but my final reservations will be when I get my ZR1 up on it to see how it is.

What I don't like is probably not the fault of the lift, IT IS BIG!!!!! I probably could've gotten the 9000E instead with 4" less space between platforms but my math puts the jacking points of the Corvette precisely on the middle line of each platform so the weight of the car is right where the cyls. and scissor frames are to put less load on either the inside or outside of each platform. If I leave the ZR in its current parking spot and bring a car in to work on it my moving around space is tight and I gotta watch how I move around so I don't accidently touch the Vette (especially with tools). I do plan to move the lift to the middle of the garage when the ZR goes on it.

The other thing is my loft at the front part of the garage, which means for the 2 cars I have lifted up I can only take them up 2 locks (lift has a total of 8 with total height reaching just under 4ft). So up 2 locks puts the platforms just under 2 ft up. I could try to get up to the 3rd lock but it puts the cars sorta close to the bottom of my loft and because the lift goes up slightly before coming down when you release the mechanical locks I worry about the cars touching it before it comes down.

I have the power unit sitting on a moving dolly that fits underneath perfectly so when I move the lift around I can easily move that also to keep the hydraulic lines from being stretched too much. Those hoses and the electrical wiring inside the conduit just sits on the ground and sometimes moving around it without tripping or stepping on it is a pain but I manage.

Still better than jacks and jackstands........................the QJ I had before wrecked me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.