kerry4

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked
Nov 14, 2019
VetteCoins
Yeah its winter here and missing my summer toys. Just wondered how many motorcycle enthusiasts are out there? Plus I'm pretty bored so figured I would share some of the rides I have had over the years. I currently own a 2016 Harley Ultra Limited CVO. I'm missing a few bikes that I cant find pictures of. My Honda Fireblade 929 was actually featured in a magazine. Had everything polished on it and lots of performance parts. My Kawasaki ZX 14 was the last sport bike I owned before my old back said lets get something more comfortable. Love the Harley with all the storage and comfort. My wife loves it too. The back seat on sport bikes is like sitting on a leather wallet. So my wife has told me. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_7767.jpeg
    IMG_7767.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2299.jpeg
    IMG_2299.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN1344.jpeg
    DSCN1344.jpeg
    725.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6831.jpeg
    IMG_6831.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 15
Current bikes are 2015 Honda GL1800, 2007 Harley Screaming Eagle Dyna (project bike).
Past bikes are 2013 HD Ultra, 2010 Ultra, 2007 Electra Glide Classic, 2005 HD Wide Glide, 2002, Electra Glide Classic, 1996 Dyna Convertible, and many more.
Current rides
3439960F-C82A-47D8-9851-567AC2061BD6.jpeg
0DFEB8BA-E335-4937-BDBF-6C7C9ADAC059.jpeg

In 1997 I did the Alaska highway by myself on my Dyna Convertible. Saskatoon to Haines Alaska. Also have completed several iron butt rides (1000 miles in 24 hours). Here’s a pic of a bike I miss and one that got away.

371F3451-9F69-452E-AB07-0BC271A83639.jpeg

Reactions: Riley P
I had not ridden a bike for over 25 years when I decided to get back into riding in 2013. I bought a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, and have enjoyed every minute of it. It has taken me on several trips one of which was 6600 kms (my longest to date)
Dale.
View attachment 34982
Very impressive. I have been riding most of my life. I'm 66 now but back in the day when you first got your bike licence all you had to do is show up at the licence place and they figured if you made it there in one piece and didn't get killed you were good enough to play in traffic. LOL. Now they have training courses which I did take years after. Never to old to learn. Best advice I ever got was when you put on your helmet pretend you are invisible and nobody can see you. Its kept me out of the hospital more times than I can count. To many distracted drivers out there now. Be safe. :cool:

Nice pics fellas!
Riding is my #1 passion. Health issues forced me off since '14, but I'm good to go again, and I hope to get a decent trade in value for my Vet (no room for both). Only SS or ST bikes, no cruisers. I've had too many to list.....three of my last 4 were Hayabusa's.
Next bike will be an FJR1300.
Kerry....did you know the RR 1000 has been renamed? The new Fireblade. (I like the 1 you had better)
Screenshot_20200109-111200.jpg

Screenshot_20200109-111200.jpg

The 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade is powered by the most powerful in-line four cylinder engine thatHonda has ever made, and puts out maximum power of 212 bhp at 14,500 rpm and peak torque of 113 Nm at 12,500 rpm, with a kerb weight of just 201 kg.Nov 5, 2019

Nice pics fellas!
Riding is my #1 passion. Health issues forced me off since '14, but I'm good to go again, and I hope to get a decent trade in value for my Vet (no room for both). Only SS or ST bikes, no cruisers. I've had too many to list.....three of my last 4 were Hayabusa's.
Next bike will be an FJR1300.
Kerry....did you know the RR 1000 has been renamed? The new Fireblade. (I like the 1 you had better)
View attachment 34991
View attachment 34991
The 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade is powered by the most powerful in-line four cylinder engine thatHonda has ever made, and puts out maximum power of 212 bhp at 14,500 rpm and peak torque of 113 Nm at 12,500 rpm, with a kerb weight of just 201 kg.Nov 5, 2019
No I didn't know that. The sport bike runs were the best. My Kawi had stuff done to it and was dynoed around 200 HP for a 500 pound bike it was pretty darn quick. My 929 was a special year. Only made that paint scheme once and only for Canada. I had it down at Daytona once for bike week and everyone there thought it was custom paint because they had never seen that colour before. Got lots of looks with everything being polished. Was a real fun bike. Had a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground though. LOL>

My first trip on a Busa, down the 1/4 mile at Cayuga

Awesome. I did ride one of those once. I had a Honda Blackbird XX and a buddy of mine let me try his Busa out. Scared the crap out of me. Also had another buddy that had a ZX12. That thing was nasty. If you didn't respect that bike it would bite you in the ass real quick.

Buddy had a ZX12 before his 14. I owned a Bandit GSF1200 at the time (old gsxr1100 engine). We swapped up a few times.
Swapped my busa one day for a Blackbird XX at The Tail of The Dragon. Buddy hated the busa...lol.
The following yr, same guy brought a Honda CB1 (NC27). 400cc inline 4, only came here in 89/90. AWESOME bike for those roads. Had so much fun on it, I've been looking for a decent / clean one since.
CB1:
Screenshot_20200109-135953.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kerry4
Well, I started riding before I had a license so the previous bike list is too long to bother with. I'll just post my current bikes/projects.

1983 Yamaha Venture:

fr_143_size880.jpg
fr_147_size880.jpg

Bought from the first owner with 15k on it. Rode it a summer and enjoyed it. But I can't leave anything alone so the first winter:

Vmax engine transplant
Vmax carbs and Vboost manifold.
Ignitek electronic ignition to program the curve and controls the Vboost manifold.
1986 venture front forks.
Progressive fork springs
R1"gold dot" brake calipers
1986 Venture royal electrical system, stripped out things like radio and Cb, but kept the air ride suspension and cruise control
2002 Venture royal transmission, all gears and shift drums. Stronger and better ratios, revised shift sector that doesn't drop shift pins
1986 inst cluster (needed for cruise and it has a few nice features the 83 didn't)
Vmax rear diff (lower ratio). Combined with the 2002 Royal star trans, 1-3 are a touch lower, 4 is the same, 5 becomes a deep overdrive. %th is so deep, there's no point shifting up unless you're over 100 kph or it will "labor" under throttle
1986 Venture royal air shock
1986 rear side boxes (bigger)
1985 top box. Same size as the 86 boxes, but it comes off like the 83-85 top boxes. 86+ is boltedto the bike. It's a nice feature at the hotel when you can just pull the box off like a suitcase and head into your room.
Yamaha R1 rear mufflers.

Went from 99 hp to 150 hp.

Yeah, it moves. you whack open the throttle and you better be upright and pointed where you want to go becuase when that vboost manifold opensup a 5000 rpm, the rear wheel is either going to break loose and leave a rubber snake or the bike is going to go into "warp speed" and things very far away get very close very fast. If you're cornering and you whack too much throttle, you better be ready to "dirt bike slide" a 1000 lb bike! LOL!

The other bike is my 1989 Fj1200:

fr_3677_size880.jpg

I waned one in high school, but couldn't afford it. So this is a "bucket list" item. modifications in progress:

FZ1 rear swingarm, shortened to fit.
FZR1000 rear wheel
FZR750R front wheel
Kerker slip ons.
Oil filter adapter kit (removes the cartridge filter for a conventional screw on one)
Custom rear shock. I took a CBR600 RR shock, tore it open, changed ti to a remote reservoir, added remotepreload adjuster from a zg14 and slipped on an Fj1200 spring. Valving and fine tuning to be done once the bike is back on the road. Couple shock pics:

fr_3684_size880.jpg
fr_3716_size880.jpg
fr_3725_size880.jpg
fr_3722_size880.jpg
fr_3741_size880.jpg
fr_3742_size880.jpg

fr_3749_size880.jpg

It's a work in progress, but that's pretty much it for mechanical changes. The rest is paint and finish....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AxeZ06 and kerry4
Just sold and handed over my '72 BMW R60/5 to a friend this morning. Has 140,000 trouble free miles on it. Oil changes and a few spark plugs, 2 sets of points and 5 tires is about all it has ever needed!
Sold it to a friend who wants me to come over and ride it every now and then while he brings out his '70s Moto Guzzi.
IMG_0107.jpg

Reactions: Riley P and kerry4
Ah the Tail of the Dragon. Good times. I actually passed a Vette on it one time. We got kinda crazy on our sport bikes but that time I was on my 2011 Ultra Limited Harley. Had some performance stuff on it too.
Funny about what you said about the ZX14. The buddy that I let try my 14 I was on his ZX 12. I was ahead of him on the Highway and all of a sudden he passes me on one wheel at 11 o'clock high. ON MY BIKE!!!! I didn't mind cause he is a very experienced rider but he got a good laugh out of it. He said it was in third gear when he rolled on it and wasn't expecting it to come up but when it did he just held it there. He was so impressed with my 14 that next month he sold his 12 and bought a 14.

Reactions: Dale124 and AxeZ06
Just sold and handed over my '72 BMW R60/5 to a friend this morning. Has 140,000 trouble free miles on it. Oil changes and a few spark plugs, 2 sets of points and 5 tires is about all it has ever needed!
Sold it to a friend who wants me to come over and ride it every now and then while he brings out his '70s Moto Guzzi.
View attachment 34994
Classic bike. Very nice.

Reactions: vintageracer
Great Thread! I love motorbikes.... Had an 82 GPZ500 for 12 years before it just wore down too far to keep riding it. As awesome as the modern bikes are, I can't afford to plate them so someday I hope to get another 80's bike. Maybe a GS1000, or a GPZ750. Who knows. I'm not in the market yet but if anyone has suggestions of great bikes up to 1987, I'm all ears.

Great Thread! I love motorbikes.... Had an 82 GPZ500 for 12 years before it just wore down too far to keep riding it. As awesome as the modern bikes are, I can't afford to plate them so someday I hope to get another 80's bike. Maybe a GS1000, or a GPZ750. Who knows. I'm not in the market yet but if anyone has suggestions of great bikes up to 1987, I'm all ears.

It was a nice thread. Thanks to everyone for sharing their other hobbies. I enjoyed reading all the stories.

Anyone have any good crash stories? NO sad endings, please!
My most memorable was.....group ride, all the twisties we could find in 1 evening. About 10 of us, all sport bikes. Little straight stretch, I run it up to about a buck sixty (kph). Another tight corner with a yellow, 30kph sign......coming at me in a hurry. I scrubbed off all the speed possible......leaned it to the left with everything I had..........not enough. My shoulder, collerbone, and 5 ribs were not impressed. Bike was fine. It ended up in a parked position, in a ditch, with only scratches (750GSXR).
Me....not so much.
With what must have been strictly adrenaline, I rode it home 1hr10m.
Cost me 8 weeks of riding. I was 54 at the time.
Happened on the forks of the credit, for anyone who knows the area.

Nasty one Axe.... I was 20. Worked at a bike dealer in NS. Had an RD350 2 stroke Yamaha... Go like snot if you could keep the wheel on the ground. Never has any mishaps at all for 2 years... Then a Z1 900 Kawasaki for a short time until I scared the hell out of myself too often...Damn those things were fast for the time... Then sold it and got a complimentary dealership bike. XS650 Yamaha. Set it up in the shop, wrote out a temp registration, called insurance company to start insurance. Hopped on at lunch and took it down the road to the service station. Filled up with gas and started back to work. This is old Hwy 2 from Dartmouth to Truro. 50 mph speed limit... Coming back towards the Red and White grocery store, there was a car in front of me and a couple behind me and an oncoming red toyota turning left into the store. Stopped, signal light on.... It let the car in front of me go by, then turned directly in front of me... 15 feet and me at 50 mph... You think of a lot of things just before impact... I hit her perfect broad side dead center. Guy behind me said I hit on the roof line and went over the car. I remember rolling and sliding down the pavement thinking holy $hit... I'm gonna live through this. As bad luck has it, my bike spun the car around and then tumbled after me and ended up in the ditch landing on me before it continued a ways further. I remember the woman (driver of the toyota) standing over me crying and apologizing... I started to stand up and when my legs started to take my weight it all went black. Next thing I knew I woke on a hospital bed with my dad standing over me telling me he had warned me about those GD Damn motorcycles... lol... Broken pelvis, broken collar bone, and lots of asphalt and gravel rash. Bike was totalled with 6 miles showing on the odometer. :(

Once I healed up, I decided to go a different route and bought a 75 MX400 Yamaha and took up motocross racing... That lasted one season... Those guys are freaking crazy and that sport is really hard on an already abused body...lol... Sold it and my 340 Duster, met a girl and moved with her to her home town, Red Deer, Alberta... End of story... :) :)

Stock photo as never had the opportunity to take a pic of mine... lol
1578688957507.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.