Calling around dealers and some are telling me it’s a 1 year wait while others say 4-5. I am in BC but have no issues placing an order anywhere in the country.

Any recommendations folks?
There are several other threads on this same question. The top 3 are in Ontario- Bill Spencer, Wilson-Niblett and I think Brian Cullen (but I may be wrong about the third one). Most people think getting on one of those lists will get you a car faster, but others have had good luck with their local smaller dealer. So I doubt anyone can give a clear answer. Good luck! You may get lucky and have a car in under a year! It seems that the more lists you get on, the better your chances.

Calling around dealers and some are telling me it’s a 1 year wait while others say 4-5. I am in BC but have no issues placing an order anywhere in the country.

top 3 dealers are Bill Spencer, Wilson-Niblett, and Brian Cullen (all in Ontario), pick one of them and you will be good

Here's a quote from a post I made early last month in response to someone on Vancouver Island:

1. ID all the dealers in that area (BC), if you're focused on "buying locally";
2. Contact each one; find out how many allocations they've been getting for the 2021 and 2022 years. That should give you some idea what they might expect in future years however their Stingray numbers will diminish for the Z06 version and likely even more for the other versions when they come out (the E-Ray, ZR1 and Zora...not so much the Zora which should be ++ rare);
3. Find out where you'd be on their C8 Stingray list;
4. The dealer who gets the most allocations and has you the lowest on its list, would be the one to go with. That assumes they religiously honour their list...and don't (for example) take allocations for the dealership or friends/family of the dealership owners (I'd ask what they've done historically);
5. Don't be shy: get on at least one other list to improve your chances;
6. Another factor: see if the dealer will confirm they'll sell you a C8 at no more than MSRP and get that in writing (assuming you're not willing to pay over MSRP). Beware paying over MSRP and still waiting ++ time; other dealers might sell you a C8 at more than MSRP with a reduced wait time. Some of the dealerships in my area that are Wheaton family owned, are asking for more than MSRP. The one in Red Deer wasn't ordering any for customers; they took all allocations for the dealership and then sold each at well over MSRP;
7. I wouldn't focus on who has a good service department. Your warranty will be honoured at any Chev dealership. Focus on getting your C8 first since it's hard to get; worry about where to service it AFTER you'r driving it. Factors to consider for servicing: does the dealer have an experienced Corvette (C8) tech? Dealers who get more C8 allocations usually do;
8. If the C8 Stingray list is too long, consider getting your name on the list for the E-Ray, if that's a vehicle you'd be interested in. Or get on the E-Ray list and remove your name, if you decide later when more details come out, that it's not for you or you get a Stingray sooner;
9. Finally, if the dealers on Vancouver Island don't get many allocations due to the population base they serve, I'd seriously consider getting on a list elsewhere with a dealer that gets more allocations (again; consider getting on multiple lists), assuming you'd be low enough on a list to get an allocation faster. I've purchased and shipped cars across Canada several times and don't mind shipping if it gets the car I want, faster. There are many reliable vehicle shippers and I've never had a problem. And I've known some on these Forums to buy in Edmonton and drive their C8 home to BC. Up to you of course since this adds to your cost but you're looking to get a car that's in demand and if you're like most of us, you'll LOVE driving a C8 and regret the wait if you could have had one sooner.

The more "homework you do", the more your effort will pay off and get you behind a C8 sooner. Good luck!

I know not all that applies to you, but perhaps there's something there of use. And perhaps to better respond to your question: I'd suggest, like others, you call the Ontario dealers who are members of these Forums. I'll send you a PM with some other advice. Good luck!

Reactions: Jeffer2013
All of these dealers stated they will not sell to someone from out of town.
By out of town I assume you mean out of province. That must be something new as I recall members on this forum from the East coast and Quebec have bought cars from Bill Spencer.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Here's a quote from a post I made early last month in response to someone on Vancouver Island:

2. Contact each one; find out how many allocations they've been getting for the 2021 and 2022 years. That should give you some idea what they might expect in future years however their Stingray numbers will diminish for the Z06 version and likely even more for the other versions when they come out (the E-Ray, ZR1 and Zora...not so much the Zora which should be ++ rare);
4. The dealer who gets the most allocations and has you the lowest on its list, would be the one to go with. That assumes they religiously honour their list...and don't (for example) take allocations for the dealership or friends/family of the dealership owners (I'd ask what they've done historically);
6. Another factor: see if the dealer will confirm they'll sell you a C8 at no more than MSRP and get that in writing (assuming you're not willing to pay over MSRP). Beware paying over MSRP and still waiting ++ time; other dealers might sell you a C8 at more than MSRP with a reduced wait time. Some of the dealerships in my area that are Wheaton family owned, are asking for more than MSRP. The one in Red Deer wasn't ordering any for customers; they took all allocations for the dealership and then sold each at well over MSRP;
7. I wouldn't focus on who has a good service department. Your warranty will be honoured at any Chev dealership. Focus on getting your C8 first since it's hard to get; worry about where to service it AFTER you'r driving it. Factors to consider for servicing: does the dealer have an experienced Corvette (C8) tech? Dealers who get more C8 allocations usually do;
8. If the C8 Stingray list is too long, consider getting your name on the list for the E-Ray, if that's a vehicle you'd be interested in. Or get on the E-Ray list and remove your name, if you decide later when more details come out, that it's not for you or you get a Stingray sooner;
9. Finally, if the dealers on Vancouver Island don't get many allocations due to the population base they serve, I'd seriously consider getting on a list elsewhere with a dealer that gets more allocations (again; consider getting on multiple lists), assuming you'd be low enough on a list to get an allocation faster. I've purchased and shipped cars across Canada several times and don't mind shipping if it gets the car I want, faster. There are many reliable vehicle shippers and I've never had a problem. And I've known some on these Forums to buy in Edmonton and drive their C8 home to BC. Up to you of course since this adds to your cost but you're looking to get a car that's in demand and if you're like most of us, you'll LOVE driving a C8 and regret the wait if you could have had one sooner.

The more "homework you do", the more your effort will pay off and get you behind a C8 sooner. Good luck!

I know not all that applies to you, but perhaps there's something there of use. And perhaps to better respond to your question: I'd suggest, like others, you call the Ontario dealers who are members of these Forums. I'll send you a PM with some other advice. Good luck!
...or put a deposit down with your local dealer. By the time you read netsinah's loquacious musings, your car will be in your driveway....

Mistake I made was going on one list. So, get on as many lists as possible. I ended up buying one from a dealer in Victoria at MSRP + a premium as I did not want to wait another year or? as my sales rep at Carter here N.V. was not honest with me. Good luck!!!

...or put a deposit down with your local dealer. By the time you read netsinah's loquacious musings, your car will be in your driveway....

Loquacious, I’m going to have to look that one up. 🤷‍♂️ lol

reminds me of the `Ben Hur` movie.
` 3 years as a slave in other galleys` one year in my empty garage
almost.jpg

Reactions: Murray20c8
Alright folks - called every dealer in BC and AB and only one took the time to assist me. BC dealers are out 4-5 years while it seems like AB Is less than half of that.

Shout out to Capital Chevrolet for giving me figures with regards to allocations, deliveries, etc. Put down my deposit with them.
Calgary? Wow! What about the Chevy dealer in Kelowna? Man, I am glad I pulled the trigger last Oct. for my 2022 even though I paid above MSRP.

Alright folks - called every dealer in BC and AB and only one took the time to assist me. BC dealers are out 4-5 years while it seems like AB Is less than half of that.

Shout out to Capital Chevrolet for giving me figures with regards to allocations, deliveries, etc. Put down my deposit with them.
Bought my new 2022 c 8 from them as a cast off where the previous fellow was a amvic holder and could not qualify to,purchase the car as they may have wanted to export it
Capital chev was the best and easiest car dealership I have ever dealt with except when buying my 1976 chev 1/2 ton,pickup when I order it from the local dealer who was the mayor at the time

Reactions: JCWP

Bought my new 2022 c 8 from them as a cast off where the previous fellow was a amvic holder and could not qualify to,purchase the car as they may have wanted to export it
Capital chev was the best and easiest car dealership I have ever dealt with except when buying my 1976 chev 1/2 ton,pickup when I order it from the local dealer who was the mayor at the time

We’re you dealing with Craig?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.