AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
So I have been using a camera my entire life and, at least up until a few days ago, thought I was pretty good. I am very much an amateur photographer who likes things quick and easy, not having to screw with the shot at all. I carry a Canon EOS 6D and my go to lens is a Canon 28-300mm L lens that is more for keeping in shape because of its size than anything else. In any case, it is a nice set up but my photographer friends have been whining at me for years that I am wasting this set up not shooting in RAW and using Lightroom.,,, well until this week past when I finally caved by starting to shoot RAW and then cleaning the shots up in Lightroom. Holy crap! Where before I might take a hundred shots to get 1 or two that I really like, Lightroom enables EVERY shot to be amazing... Here are a few I took yesterday morning and cleaned up.

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5209.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

Are there any other Lightroom and camera buffs here? I am wide open to suggestions on perfecting lightroom and improving my shots! Thanks ahead!

Last edited:
Reactions: nascar03
Hey Les. I am surprised to learn that you weren't shooting in RAW format with your setup in the first place. I always though you were. And yeah, Lightroom is a fantastic program. Have you tried HDR photography yet, and I'm not talking about our Thursday night cruise. Should try your hand at TiltShift Photography as well, when you're doing those long shots.

I kinda lost interest in amateur photography years ago and am now more the PAS lazy ass photographer. For me, they're good enough as mementos.

Les, the pictures are great. I am not sure what my camera is set on, I will have to check it on the settings screen (Canon 60D).

I do not have any software for photography so maybe this might be the one to buy.

What happens when you shoot in RAW but have no software?

Thanks for the tip.

There are other free software programs that will save it as a jpg file as well. The one thing I am seeing most useful with shooting in RAW is the ability to make an out of focus picture completely clear. Similarly, in many cases, I can change the focal length and bring the back of the car into focus as well as the front, something I used to have difficulty with. Clarity in Lightroom is an amazing tool, as is shadow reduction and highlight enhancement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.