Jun 5, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1979 L82
Province
ON
I just bought a 1979 L82 and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop in the Ottawa area that knows C3 Corvettes and is trustworthy. I am no mechanic so I plan to have someone else service the car.

You could try, Getty Automotive - Sean, (613) 747-0932, I have not used him yet, but have heard he is very good, I also plan to have my 78 serviced by a trustworthy corvette mechanic

Reactions: Doug's79
You could try, Getty Automotive - Sean, (613) 747-0932, I have not used him yet, but have heard he is very good, I also plan to have my 78 serviced by a trustworthy corvette mechanic
Thanks I have seen him recommended on another Corvette Forum but when I go to his web site all I see are newer C6 an C7 Vettes. I may give him a call and ask if they have worked on C3s.

Thanks again for the recommendation Slecompte, I took my 79 into see Sean at Getty Automotive a couple weeks ago to have him go through it and check all the fluids, oil change etc before I put her away for the winter. I had a very good experience, he never once tried to sell me anything I didn't need. He was the first mechanic since I bought it in May that I had look at it and he said I got a good solid car with good bones so that is good to know. He is a cool Vette guy, he puts 4 snows on his C6 and drives his "winter vette" all winter, even tows his snow mobiles with it. I will definitely be having him do all my work on my 79.
She is put away for the winter now...sniff, but I took her into the Gatineau park for one second last romp and got some more shots of her. Killed a few more bugs with the front bumper.
Gatineau park 2.jpg

Thanks again for the recommendation Slecompte, I took my 79 into see Sean at Getty Automotive a couple weeks ago to have him go through it and check all the fluids, oil change etc before I put her away for the winter. I had a very good experience, he never once tried to sell me anything I didn't need. He was the first mechanic since I bought it in May that I had look at it and he said I got a good solid car with good bones so that is good to know. He is a cool Vette guy, he puts 4 snows on his C6 and drives his "winter vette" all winter, even tows his snow mobiles with it. I will definitely be having him do all my work on my 79.
She is put away for the winter now...sniff, but I took her into the Gatineau park for one second last romp and got some more shots of her. Killed a few more bugs with the front bumper.
View attachment 32621
Keep that front bumper working!
What you get today means ten less next year.

Reactions: Doug's79
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.