Featured Thread
Aug 15, 2018
Village of Navan
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Camaro 2SS
Province
ON
As we constantly hear, I always wanted a Vette but never thought it would be within the budget. Things changed this year and my better half of 51 years agreed that we should make this a memorable purchase. Did not want to be in the position of "would have, could have, should have" a few years down the road when life might change. I was introduced to this car on a Tuesday afternoon, made an offer and negotiated on Wednesday evening, signed the paperwork on Thursday morning and drove it off the lot on Saturday morning. Brand new 2017, 7 speed Coupe, Z51-3LT, Artic White, multiple options, came with 475 km on the clock. Apparently it was a special order and something went wrong for the buyer. Drove it for 100 km today and cannot get the smile off my face. Every time I look at it, I have to give my head a shake to acknowledge that I really own a Vette and not just any Vette but a gorgeous white coupe with black wheels.

Happy to be a CCF member and learn more about my baby.

Attachments

• 2017 Vette -5A.jpeg
    2017 Vette -5A.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
As we constantly hear, I always wanted a Vette but never thought it would be within the budget. Things changed this year and my better half of 51 years agreed that we should make this a memorable purchase. Did not want to be in the position of "would have, could have, should have" a few years down the road when life might change. I was introduced to this car on a Tuesday afternoon, made and offer and negotiated on Wednesday evening, signed the paperwork on Thursday morning and drove it off the lot on Saturday morning. Brand new 2017, 7 speed Coupe, Z51-3LT, Artic White, multiple options, came with 475 km on the clock. Apparently it was a special order and something went wrong for the buyer. Drove it for 100 km today and cannot get the smile off my face. Every time I look at it, I have to give my head a shake to acknowledge that I really own a Vette and not just any Vette but a gorgeous white coupe with black wheels.

She’s a beautiful looking Stingray. Congratulations.
I remember my first one... that’s a feeling that is impossible to duplicate. 😀

Reactions: Vetter81
Welcome. That's an awesome story, glad it all worked out and you were able to get what you wanted. There's just as much interest in the stories behind a car sometimes as the car itself, in your case, finding a special order that didn't work out for someone else, which helped make it meet you where you are.

Creedence85 and others - thanks for the welcome; the CCF is a very comfortable place for a new owner. Getting this particular Corvette is truly an expression of the word serendipity. It is not what I would have ordered if the lottery came in but it was within my budget and a beautiful bit of machinery! Just happened to be at the dealer that day. My wife agreed! Made a crazy low ball offer that was accepted within a few hundred bucks. I needed a fix for a late life crisis. Did I mention my wife agreed !! So many things went right that I may be indebted to the gods of luck. I love cars, have had many varieties and styles in my almost 73 years but none like this Z51 Stingray. My other fun ride is a vintage '79 MGB with about 90 HP on a good day. I need to learn how to drive a stick that has 455 horses running through it. This kind of learning is a lot fun but I have to focus on safety. The mind tries to tell me it is 25 but the reaction time tells the truth. There about 8 weeks before winter storage to enjoy this incredible car. Cheers!

As we constantly hear, I always wanted a Vette but never thought it would be within the budget. Things changed this year and my better half of 51 years agreed that we should make this a memorable purchase. Did not want to be in the position of "would have, could have, should have" a few years down the road when life might change. I was introduced to this car on a Tuesday afternoon, made an offer and negotiated on Wednesday evening, signed the paperwork on Thursday morning and drove it off the lot on Saturday morning. Brand new 2017, 7 speed Coupe, Z51-3LT, Artic White, multiple options, came with 475 km on the clock. Apparently it was a special order and something went wrong for the buyer. Drove it for 100 km today and cannot get the smile off my face. Every time I look at it, I have to give my head a shake to acknowledge that I really own a Vette and not just any Vette but a gorgeous white coupe with black wheels.

Beautiful .. Congrats .!

Reactions: Ken54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.