sounds like they were talkIng to my wifxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sorry autoincorrect

Jeffy

Actually it’s kind of true in a way. In many cases the ladies just don’t think about oil changes in the car as that’s supposed to our job to look after that stuff.
So this new oil is perfect for some of us guys as we can forget keeping track of the mileage on her daily driver.

Seems with the Corvettes I’ve had the oil life meter fall almost as fast as the gas gauge so no issue there being reminded. :Cryin:

Seems to me they would have a difficult time convincing "enthusiast" of prolonging oil changes to that degree. No doubt there is a market for it and of course there always will be people who simply never check nor change their oil.

I check my oil before every run and if it is dirty I even put in a new dipstick.:Biggrin:

Some of the most in depth discussions on here have centred around oil and changing it. Probably more difficult to change a mind set.

You are right Murray.... As car buffs we are conditioned to believe, that if you do nothing else, change your oil regularly. The non car people are already waiting up to 20 k or whenever they remember to change oil.... especially if they don't have the % life reminder. I had a friend when I was a teen that had a 1969 Toyota Celica. He bought it used and never changed the oil as long as he owned it. He put 90,000 miles on the car before the timing chain went out of it and he sold it to a wrecker.... not sure what that means but it fits the thread so I threw it in.... I know.... odd for me....
:rofl:

Reactions: ddgermann
Imagine the annual oil change. Be interesting if this flys and manufacturers buy in.
Corvettes new would come with 1 free oil change....?

Mobil 1 Ran A Chevy Silverado For 500k Miles To Test Its New ‘Annual Protection’ Motor Oil: Video
I change the oil in C7 once a year - in the fall before bed time. Mobil 1 in all my previous vettes - same story; however, I only put 4 to 6 thousand Km per year on my car. Same for my SUV - change once a year - benefit of paying big bucks for synthetic oil: can't argue with the science.

I heard that company owned cars assigned to salespeople never need to have their oil changed................................:(:(

That is very true. Company vehicles are a beast of their own and don't need the care and attention of regular vehicles. This is one of the training aids we use for employees that are given company cars or trucks.

1. They travel faster in all gears, especially reverse.
2. They accelerate at a phenomenal rate.
3. They enjoy a much shorter braking distance.
4. They can take bumps at twice the speed on private cars.
5. Oil, battery, tire pressures and fluid levels do not need to be checked nearly so often.
6. They have a much tighter turning radius.
7. The floor is shaped like an ashtray.
8. They only burn the cheapest gas available.
9. They do not have to be garaged at night.
10. They can be driven up to 100 miles with the oil warning light on.
11. They need cleaning less often, especially inside.
12. The suspension and trunk floor are reinforced to allow concrete slabs and other heavy building materials to be carried.
13. They are adapted to allow reverse to be engaged while the car is still in forward motion.
14. The tire side walls are designed for bumping into and over curbs.
15. Unusual and alarming engine noises are easily eliminated by the adjustment of the radio volume control.
16. No security is need. They may be left anywhere, unlocked, with the keys in the ignition.

That is very true. Company vehicles are a beast of their own and don't need the care and attention of regular vehicles. This is one of the training aids we use for employees that are given company cars or trucks.

1. They travel faster in all gears, especially reverse.
2. They accelerate at a phenomenal rate.
3. They enjoy a much shorter braking distance.
4. They can take bumps at twice the speed on private cars.
5. Oil, battery, tire pressures and fluid levels do not need to be checked nearly so often.
6. They have a much tighter turning radius.
7. The floor is shaped like an ashtray.
8. They only burn the cheapest gas available.
9. They do not have to be garaged at night.
10. They can be driven up to 100 miles with the oil warning light on.
11. They need cleaning less often, especially inside.
12. The suspension and trunk floor are reinforced to allow concrete slabs and other heavy building materials to be carried.
13. They are adapted to allow reverse to be engaged while the car is still in forward motion.
14. The tire side walls are designed for bumping into and over curbs.
15. Unusual and alarming engine noises are easily eliminated by the adjustment of the radio volume control.
16. No security is need. They may be left anywhere, unlocked, with the keys in the ignition.
A few of these “checks” apply to me and my work truck. I do like to keep my interior clean though.

Back in the early 2000s my work truck (Ft Nelson) would run all the time. Day and night. Never shut it off all winter. It got a few oil changes but not Mobile 1 for sure.
I was not close to unique with that.
This would be a good application for this oil. ;)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.