Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Newbie here on the forum, from Quebec, #72 (I think) on an Ontario dealer list (hoping to land it for summer 2022). Ever since they announced the Amplify Orange, I have been anxious to see the color on a '22 delivery. Finally got to see some pics of it on this forum (cool). My issue is that I was pretty much set on the Red Mist, beautiful rich metallic candy apple red, but my wife and son who know my personality well said, not loud enough for you. I do find the 2 pastel colors really pop (from miles away too).

So just curious, those on the waiting list, are you flip flopping between these 2 colors as well ? Since I am going HTC with black top, it will break up the color a bit on either. The RB looks super exotic and just glows under any lighting condition. The AO seems to be a popular choice in my house, but I am just not sure if I will be able to live with it long term, and whether the AO gets me as excited as the RB.

The other thing I find is that with the RB, it is easier to select an interior, as all colors pretty much go well with RB. With the AO, not so sure, black is safe, natural maybe, grey probably not.

Your thoughts ??

Figured I would ask if there are similar pastel wars going on in some people's heads here.

Reactions: Nik
I'm going from Sebring Orange to Amplify Orange, lots of owners also like RB. For interior grey works also well with orange but stay away from tan

Grey interior below

1630035010526.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Neils
I was a bit nervous ordering Sebring Orange Tint Coat sight unseen but very glad I did. People cant help but look at it when I drive by. Not sure what the Amplified Orange will look like side by side but the Sebring has lots of metal flake in it.

Attachments

• IMG_4788.jpeg
    IMG_4788.jpeg
    976.5 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Neils and Gilles27
Newbie here on the forum, from Quebec, #72 (I think) on an Ontario dealer list (hoping to land it for summer 2022). Ever since they announced the Amplify Orange, I have been anxious to see the color on a '22 delivery. Finally got to see some pics of it on this forum (cool). My issue is that I was pretty much set on the Red Mist, beautiful rich metallic candy apple red, but my wife and son who know my personality well said, not loud enough for you. I do find the 2 pastel colors really pop (from miles away too).

So just curious, those on the waiting list, are you flip flopping between these 2 colors as well ? Since I am going HTC with black top, it will break up the color a bit on either. The RB looks super exotic and just glows under any lighting condition. The AO seems to be a popular choice in my house, but I am just not sure if I will be able to live with it long term, and whether the AO gets me as excited as the RB.

The other thing I find is that with the RB, it is easier to select an interior, as all colors pretty much go well with RB. With the AO, not so sure, black is safe, natural maybe, grey probably not.

Your thoughts ??

Figured I would ask if there are similar pastel wars going on in some people's heads here.

For what it's worth (it's YOUR choice) I wasn't keen on the Rapid Blue colour when viewed in photos/videos...however when I actually saw one in person, it knocked my socks off. That proves photos/videos just don't give you a good idea; you really need to see the C8 in person to know how a colour works on it and whether it appeals to you or not. I know that doesn't help you with the new orange colour since I doubt you'll find one to view, but be careful relying upon photos/videos.

And Murray is correct: the grey interior is really an off-white, since it's closer to white than grey. I know with my 2-tone black/grey interior.

But having said all that, the C8 itself is a gorgeous looking car so it makes any colour look good. For me, the only exception is black which I think makes the curves/lines blend in too much so you lose definition. But again, it all depends on your taste. Good luck with your choice!

• Agree
Reactions: Neils and Gilles27
I've actually seen , SO, TR, RB, WH, GR, AY. not new Amplified Orange yet. They are all beautiful. So whatever colour you pick still catch everyone's eyes. I picked Torch Red because majority in my house vote . Personally I don't mind as long as I get C8, if I more picky my boss may say no C8 honey :)
Glad I am not the only one trying to involve the whole family on the decision, makes it more fun for them too. Sure it will be mostly driven by me but want the wife to enjoy the car too and same for my teen son. He loves the orange (either one) and my wife loves both pastels. Sadly my Red Mist initial choice is quickly fading away.

For what it's worth (it's YOUR choice) I wasn't keen on the Rapid Blue colour when viewed in photos/videos...however when I actually saw one in person, it knocked my socks off. That proves photos/videos just don't give you a good idea; you really need to see the C8 in person to know how a colour works on it and whether it appeals to you or not. I know that doesn't help you with the new orange colour since I doubt you'll find one to view, but be careful relying upon photos/videos.

And Murray is correct: the grey interior is really an off-white, since it's closer to white than grey. I know with my 2-tone black/grey interior.

But having said all that, the C8 itself is a gorgeous looking car so it makes any colour look good. For me, the only exception is black which I think makes the curves/lines blend in too much so you lose definition. But again, it all depends on your taste. Good luck with your choice!
I have a feeling the same will happen with me when I end up driving down to Ontario to view a few of these colors in person, the RB will probably steal my heart but I want to like AO the most :)

Pretty sure a couple AO orders will be placed in the coming month(s), maybe not here in Quebec but surely in Ontario, and the second I have a chance it is road trip to go see one live in person. Hoping I can swing a viewing of both the RB and AO in the same drive down to make it worth the trip. Ideally HTC with black top but any HTC will do at that point

Your thoughts ??

I like both, however, went with the Rapid Blue with the matching Tension Blue & Twilight Blue interior. This combo seems to really draw attention. I walked out to the car yesterday and had over a dozen lookie-loos surrounding it with questions galore. It is unique as it is the only really specific colour-matching interior option in the line-up. Either way, you should be very happy Mike, I am! Happy Motoring...

Reactions: Pheonix
I like both, however, went with the Rapid Blue with the matching Tension Blue & Twilight Blue interior. This combo seems to really draw attention. I walked out to the car yesterday and had over a dozen lookie-loos surrounding it with questions galore. It is unique as it is the only really specific colour-matching interior option in the line-up. Either way, you should be very happy Mike, I am! Happy Motoring...
Very well said, RB is a unique color and that Twilight interior is even more unique, the inside draws as much attention as the outside. Yet the grey (2-tone) and natural (not sure yet if solid GT1 or 2-tone GT2) would work as well. But like others have said, for the orange, the natural would probably clash a bit, leaving only grey or black as an option. I think I will have to see the 2 pastels in person to make up my mind, and hope that the Red Mist does not pull me back in....

Where are the pics :)

This car looks good no matter which colour you choose. You won’t go wrong with whatever you choose. I fell for the Rapid Blue with the blue interior.

Attachments

• DE4C7A78-0AB8-4CBC-A425-7CC75164E729.jpeg
    DE4C7A78-0AB8-4CBC-A425-7CC75164E729.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 111
  • F2B63220-29D9-49BE-83CC-29A1E25A2EF9.jpeg
    F2B63220-29D9-49BE-83CC-29A1E25A2EF9.jpeg
    938.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 16FDC630-BBA3-49E5-9373-E41721D3C6D4.jpeg
    16FDC630-BBA3-49E5-9373-E41721D3C6D4.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: DAL and Neils
I love the SO and RB but decided to go with the classic TR.
I also love the matching two tone interior, which ruled out the SO.
If AO comes with matching two tone interior, I might reconsider ;)

PS - I find it interesting that the two tone "cuts" on the GT2 seats in TB are different than in AR. Anyone know why that is the case?

PS - I find it interesting that the two tone "cuts" on the GT2 seats in TB are different than in AR. Anyone know why that is the case?
While I agree with you on the originality of the TB interior, I have also read that for others it is too much blue so they go another direction Natural, Cool Grey, Black).

The reason of this post was more to find out who went pastel instead of any other color and which one. Not surprised that there is more interest, owners, love for RB compared to SO/AO. Yet the AO has my highest curiosity to see in person, and thanks to someone on here who sent me pics of a McLaren and Lambo in orange, proved it can be such a bad ass exotic color. Love the responses so far, keep them coming !! Helps a lot !!

While I agree with you on the originality of the TB interior, I have also read that for others it is too much blue so they go another direction Natural, Cool Grey, Black).

The reason of this post was more to find out who went pastel instead of any other color and which one. Not surprised that there is more interest, owners, love for RB compared to SO/AO. Yet the AO has my highest curiosity to see in person, and thanks to someone on here who sent me pics of a McLaren and Lambo in orange, proved it can be such a bad ass exotic color. Love the responses so far, keep them coming !! Helps a lot !!
No bloody idea what you are talking about with all the acronyms - LOL. I am ordering the Rapid Blue with the upgraded GT2 seats - black like the rest of the interior. The issue with lighter colors (especially dash board) is reflection on your windshield which can be a pain in the ass. I am hoping I got some of the code right?:mad:

OKay. Yes, too funny Rapid Blue and Orange. I read post post too quickly - happens when you become old and senile like me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.