Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Been having issues with a DIC alert "Service Charging System"> According to a GM TBS, this would pertain to after-market plugs and wires. These later gen cars have so many electronics as to be very susceptible to EMI. Had I kept my parts I would be in a better position to compare the differences. Well, no I have to replace my plugs and someone was wonderful enough to give me their Z06 wires (you know who you are).

Advice: hold on to your parts, they may come in handy.
:)

Been having issues with a DIC alert "Service Charging System"> According to a GM TBS, this would pertain to after-market plugs and wires. These later gen cars have so many electronics as to be very susceptible to EMI. Had I kept my parts I would be in a better position to compare the differences. Well, no I have to replace my plugs and someone was wonderful enough to give me their Z06 wires (you know who you are).

Advice: hold on to your parts, they may come in handy.
:)

replaced my plugs and wires with good quality 10 mm wires and iridium plugs.You probably had a problem because the wires were not twisted on tight on plug boots and coil packs with dielectric grease installed in the wire sockets first!

Users who are viewing this thread