Jan 26, 2018
Orford, Qc
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette HTC 2023
Province
QC
Hello,
Anybody knows what is the Aluminum Door sill Option (SGI) available when we order a new corvette? Is it an aluminum plate that cover/protect all the sill or just the place where the logo is? A picture would be appreciated. Thanks

I am not sure either, but I have attached a pic of what my 17' G.Sport has. It is aluminium..... I'm sure if you contact a dealer they will be able to provide greater detail than I can unless someone here in the know chimes in....

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks Paul,
I will contact my dealer to get a bit more information.
I would like to protect the paint on the sill. I was thinking of having a 3M tape put on the sill and then I saw this option.
Alain

Thanks Paul,
I will contact my dealer to get a bit more information.
I would like to protect the paint on the sill. I was thinking of having a 3M tape put on the sill and then I saw this option.
Alain

That's exactly what I did on mine Alain. I 3M clear wrap covered the entire sills. And glad I did cause there's a very prominent boot scuff on the 3M.....

Rruuff Day,
Could you send pictures of the 3M covered sill?
The acrylic door sill protection cover is too much apparent for my taste.
Thanks,
Alain
I will take some pictures tomorrow Alain. If you don't hear back from me, PM me as I get sidetracked easy....LOL.....

I never thought of Xpel for this and kaboshed the idea after seeing the aftermarket gizmos ...
was trying not to think about the sills anymore as ours are the "Stingray" versions ... damn O.C.D.
looks like I need to set up a coffee meeting with my Xpel friend ...

Hey Alain...
Rruuff Day,
Could you send pictures of the 3M covered sill?
The acrylic door sill protection cover is too much apparent for my taste.
Thanks,
Alain

Here's my sill plates. The entire sill and about 4 inches up each post is 3M covered. I marked the boot scuffs in the pic of the drivers side. After it gets scuffed up bad enough, I will replace the 3M.... 3 years of dragging my left foot across it though, so doing pretty good.... The second pic is the passenger side... Obviously I have trained Brenda not to drag her feet... lol....

scuffed sills.jpg

sill2.jpg

Hey Alain...

Here's my sill plates. The entire sill and about 4 inches up each post is 3M covered. I marked the boot scuffs in the pic of the drivers side. After it gets scuffed up bad enough, I will replace the 3M.... 3 years of dragging my left foot across it though, so doing pretty good.... The second pic is the passenger side... Obviously I have trained Brenda not to drag her feet... lol....

View attachment 15076

View attachment 15077

Eric that certainly looks better than the acrylic things I found for sale.
My car came brand spanking new with a scuff on the drivers side plate. So impressed I was. Most of it buffed out but I look at it everytime I get in and it reminds me to lift my feet. This is the only thing I currently find annoying on a Corvette but the plates are reasonably cheap and easy to replace so I don’t sweat it.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Eric that certainly looks better than the acrylic things I found for sale.
My car came brand spanking new with a scuff on the drivers side plate. So impressed I was. Most of it buffed out but I look at it everytime I get in and it reminds me to lift my feet. This is the only thing I currently find annoying on a Corvette but the plates are reasonably cheap and easy to replace so I don’t sweat it.

There are always a blemish or more on any new vehicle.... Some people never notice.... mine had a couple paint spots... One I caught and had them fix... the other I missed until well into ownership... But those are the things we only notice because we know they are there....

Reactions: ddgermann
I have a few small marks on my drivers side but nothing to get wound up about. I have enough crap at work to deal with so this is minor. Unless it gets noticeably worse,I’ll worry about it then. I’ll post a pic of mine after work. Only if C6 door sill pics are permitted. :Biggrin:

Hello
Looks like you have covered only the aluminum Corvette sign. I was thinking about covering also the painted part. Will that make sense?

You can't tell by the picture Biz but the entire sill and 6 inches up the door posts is covered. The little ridge where the sill meets the interior trip is the only part not covered.

Hello,
Anybody knows what is the Aluminum Door sill Option (SGI) available when we order a new corvette? Is it an aluminum plate that cover/protect all the sill or just the place where the logo is? A picture would be appreciated. Thanks
Ditto Paul C- same on mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.