Why do I see "Hodges Dodges" "Ramchargers" "Colour Me Gone" and other famous drag racing names from the past lettered on the side of this car. Pretty impressive.

Not buying the marketing hype (what car company would do that?:Confused5:) about NHRA banning the car. You run under ten seconds you need roll bar and other safety protection. They ran under 10.

Thanks for posting the video MM, that is one quick car.:thumbs:

This car is another prime example of why the executive in Dodge/Chrysler need to be replaced. We already saw the fiasco of the Viper and this is set to follow suit. Nice numbers... granted to run in a straight line for a few seconds. But is it trackable at that weight? Would I dare test it around enthusiast roads such as 412 Snake Run, the Dragon or the ledge at Big Sur? Nope. It is a limited run of 3000, which admittedly most are already accounted for, and starts at $85000US. If you think you are getting this car for that price...you are nuts. There are too many Dodge fans willing to trade in their wife and kids for this and I bet any of the 300 destined for Canada go for $115k very least. Wait... aren't they built in Canada? The Viper went extinct because it was overpriced, limited and then the customers felt burned. Sound like a possible scenario?

Myself, I think the failure in this car, and the Viper, lie in the lack of design creativity from within. They are great engines but relying on a body design that is decades old just didn't cut it with the Viper...and won't with the Demon. Yup, Joe Hiccup can still buy a $15k Challenger and throw that Demon badge on the side... Just think though, you can buy the optional passenger and rear seats if you want.

My opinion and no, I am not a Dodge hater and in fact, admire their mechanical prowess. To see them continue to shoot themselves in the foot with ideas such as this is ...is frustrating. They should have done a redesign on the Viper and not tried to rip off their number one fans...their customers. They could have come out with a Hellcat/Demon design with a different body style than the Challenger... leaving us in awe... but nope.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Is it possible Les that the market they are hoping to attract don't care about the twists and turns of the back roads but straight line racing? It strikes that this is exactly what the car is designed for. Drag Racing still is a huge sport and with a limited production run of cars I expect they are mostly destined for. Quarter mile at a time blasts. It seems to manage that well.

Personally I like the car. I grew up with muscle cars and spent way more time on a drag track than a winding road. I don't believe for a second that Dodge expects it to appeal to anyone other than the muscle car lover with a fat wallet..and it won't. Did he not say this was neither a sports car nor a pony car... This is definitely a muscle car... and muscle it definitely has. Nope. It will never pull 1.25 lateral G's in Nuremberg (not on it's wheels anyway) but no one that buys this car will expect it to..The first time I drove an SRT on a winding road I was less than expectant but actually pleasantly surprised. It is also a muscle car but handled pretty damn good for what it was.... Did they "rip off" their fans? I guess maybe if they were expecting something to challenge the sports car market. But obviously Dodge was looking in a different direction. An extremely quick direction...

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I am well aware that they are going for the straight 9sec street guy but... their marketing seems to kill the cars they build. They should have taken the time to change the body style, if even just enough to make the car unique. Don't limit the number available, empowering the dealer. I just think they have that demographic to draw in the street and daily driver... but they approach it all wrong.

Hey did you change that vid above? That's a great marketing vid. Maybe I have just been watching too many on this car this morning.

You're right. It does empower the dealer to a degree but it also increases the testosterone thinking you are only one of 3000 or 300 that has one. Much like the C7 in 2014/2015... every second post on the forum was "where can I find a C7"... But this Demon will never be a 45,000 per year sales car no matter how many they build.... not at that price and not with a Corvette at half the price... You were on the money with the 9 second street guy comment... And to a degree with the body style as well. As much as I liked the retro body style when the Challenger first emerged in 08 or so, they did the same thing with it that Ford did with the Mustang and GM did with the Camaro.... They peeled the GT and the SS badges off them, put grocery store run engines in them, and priced them for anyone that gets a regular welfare cheque to afford. Now every third car you see on the road is a Mustang, with the Camaro and Challenger following close behind....and only one in every hundred is a GT, SS, or SRT.

Got a buddy with a Hellcat and it handles like you wouldn't believe. He scares the living sh!t out of me every time we go for a rip. If I had the extra coin and could get a Demon I likely would. Limited runs really suck!

Bill

Reactions: Riley P
This should be the slogan:
One of the coolest vehicles you'll never be able to own.

I mean, I like it a lot. Kudos to Dodge for making a vehicle that runs 9's and has a warranty. The limited production does suck but in reality, I'd never be able to afford one anyway so it doesn't really affect me. It just bothers me because this car is going to be bought mostly by people who don't actually care about the car, they just want to get it so they can charge those who do want it through the nose and make a quick buck.

This should be the slogan:
One of the coolest vehicles you'll never be able to own.

I mean, I like it a lot. Kudos to Dodge for making a vehicle that runs 9's and has a warranty. The limited production does suck but in reality, I'd never be able to afford one anyway so it doesn't really affect me. It just bothers me because this car is going to be bought mostly by people who don't actually care about the car, they just want to get it so they can charge those who do want it through the nose and make a quick buck.

Like concert tickets or playoff tickets.... There should be a law against it...lol... :mad:

THe sad thing about this car is that there will be a lot of collectors buying this car and putting it in their collection never to be truely appreciated.. And the people that can afford them and would drive them may not be able to get one...That being said, I am not one of the those that can afford to have one..

THe sad thing about this car is that there will be a lot of collectors buying this car and putting it in their collection never to be truely appreciated..

I have to agree with you here..... And in 10/15 years we'll be seeing them in Scottsdale,at the Barrett Jackson....

Reactions: BDK
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.