This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Alien overload

To prepare to see Alien Romulus I went overboard watching a few Alien movies. Started with watching the original then went to Prometheus and Alien Covenant. Today it's Aliens (GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!!!!!!!!) before catching the new flick on the big screen later in the week or next weekend.

Have heard good reviews on the new one so we'll see after I see it.

Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: 1st Vette
I love SciFi and really liked Prometheus, but I'm not interested in horror films. Looks like great effects though.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Yes. It was really good and unfortunately underrated. A lot of it was kind of surprisingly produced in Canada.
The only reason it was underrated was the detail it encompassed. It wasn't a typical easy watch Sci-Fi. It brought you right into the plots and some aren't looking for that in Sci-Fi. On another note, an ex girlfriend of mine was the costume designer for the Expanse. Didn't know it until I read up on the credits and then Googled her... lol...

The plot and very competent acting for the most part are what set it apart from the usual si-fi formula. I was sorry to see it end .

Rruuff.... you Googled her.... say no more , say no more, nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

The best SciFi I have ever seen was a series called the Expanse. Took me a bit to get into it and then 7 seasons binge watching.
Absolutely! My wife and I were glued to the tv every week. I have it on my movie server. The best series way before that was Babylon 5. Not great now, but when it came out I couldn't wait for each episode. Especially the first 3 years. 2 and 3 specifically. One of the first, if not the first to have computer generated spaceship sequences.

Users who are viewing this thread