Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi guys. I was wondering how the alarm works on the C7 when the targa top is removed. I think I read somewhere on this forum that the alarm is active, and when someone reaches into the car, the alarm will go off. I tested this last weekend, but it didn’t seem to work. I tried pressing the lock button on the fob once, then after a failed test, pushed it twice (I thought I read that pushing it twice activates it)....still nothing.
Any input would be appreciated.
Dale.

Hi guys. I was wondering how the alarm works on the C7 when the targa top is removed. I think I read somewhere on this forum that the alarm is active, and when someone reaches into the car, the alarm will go off. I tested this last weekend, but it didn’t seem to work. I tried pressing the lock button on the fob once, then after a failed test, pushed it twice (I thought I read that pushing it twice activates it)....still nothing.
Dale.

Mine has gone off a few times when my wife stayed in the car while i was washing it and she started moving around. My key fob is set to lock and arm when I move more than about 3 feet away from the car. I would think that just reaching into the car won't set off the alarm. If they tried to open the door from the inside or shook the car trying to crawl through the roof in likely will but I've never tried it. Try reading the security alarm sections in your owners manual. You might glean some more info there.

Dale.

Pushing it twice just bypasses the 30-second delay to arm the system with a single push. Both ways include motion detection. My car sets off the alarm if there is movement inside and informs OnStar who informed me someone was in the car. I seem to remember the reaching in thing as both a pita and convenience at car shows. There is a button to disable the feature but it resets when the car is disarmed and rearmed again. There is no mention of the alarm operation with the roof off in the manual I could find.

Interesting question

Dale.
From what I am reading, the alarm won't go off with the top off. There is a micro switch in the targa top drivers side lock pin hole that disables the alarm when the top is off.
It also says that if you want to bypass the switch, you can use a #8 drywall anchor plug carefully in the hole to bypass the switch to enable the alarm.

From what I am reading, the alarm won't go off with the top off. There is a micro switch in the targa top drivers side lock pin hole that disables the alarm when the top is off.
It also says that if you want to bypass the switch, you can use a #8 drywall anchor plug carefully in the hole to bypass the switch to enable the alarm.

Where are you reading this? (the other forum?) Interesting none the less.

I can assure you that the passive alarm works with the targa top off. I was at a car show last year and my wife reached into the car to get a cup of coffee from the cup holder and the alarm went off. I think to turn it off there is a toggle above your knee behind the steering wheel next to the trunk release.

I can assure you that the passive alarm works with the targa top off. I was at a car show last year and my wife reached into the car to get a cup of coffee from the cup holder and the alarm went off. I think to turn it off there is a toggle above your knee behind the steering wheel next to the trunk release.
Thanks, I shall look into that.

Thanks, I shall look into that.
I'm interested in knowing if you checked the operation of your alarm? This is from my owners manual "Intrusion and Inclination Sensors Disable Switch It is recommended that the intrusion and inclination sensors be deactivated if pets are left in the vehicle or if the vehicle is being transported. When the roof panel is off, or the convertible top is down, the intrusion system is turned off "

Last edited:
I'm interested in knowing if you checked the operation of your alarm? This is from my owners manual "Intrusion and Inclination Sensors Disable Switch It is recommended that the intrusion and inclination sensors be deactivated if pets are left in the vehicle or if the vehicle is being transported. When the roof panel is off, or the convertible top is down, the intrusion system is turned off "
I have only checked the one time that spurred on my initial question. I shall be playing and testing more in the days to come.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.