Jun 30, 2018
Dollard des Ormeaux, PQ
VetteCoins
Car
1986 Corvette
Province
QC
I have an 86 Vette, 54000 miles on it. Topped up the A/C with 2 bottles of R134, and it runs cool, but not cold. After driving around a couple of weeks, I popped in another can. Still runs cool, but not COLD. Is there some sort of sensor that may not be functioning well, causing the system to not operate to it's fullest. This system was upgraded by previous owner from R22. By comparison,
my Corolla has to be turned down, as it gets uncomfortable.

First off you should look at the condensor up front, it may be plugged with bugs and dirt and even between the condensor and the engine radiator if fuzz grass etc is there. If air is not moving freely through it then it does not cool the freon back down and she ain't gonna work properly blowing cold in the car. Without guages you can't fill a system properly. Those little cans are not the best cause you can let air in the system if hose is not purged. You may of even over charged the system and that will cause it to not blow cold which will run a higher pressure and can blow a line. The only real sensor is if low on freon then the compressor won't turn or just keeps clicking on and off cause not enough freon in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread