Feb 20, 2015
Winnipeg
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51
With all this hot weather here in Winnipeg along with a few days of autocross seems to have triggered an AC issue. I just noticed recently that after a bit of driving where the car has come up to temp at idle with AC on the rpm fluctuates up and down. As soon as I turn the AC off the rpm stabilizes. Originally I thought it was only happening after an autocross event but now it's happening just going to the grocery store lol. I googled it and there are some posts on the US forums including a tech bulletin on AC problemscbut more related to temperature issues. Going to dealership tomorrow but would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

how that setup is I don't know, but it has always been that when the compressor kicks in the engine rpm kinda slows down as it takes some hp to turn the compressor, and one can usually hear it as well cutting in and out as it is pumping freon. When the a/c is put on it should automatically kick in a slightly faster idle to compensate for the time the compressor is turning. Unless you are seeing a drastic drop in rpm then I almost think it is normal what you are seeing. But let your dealer diagnos it to confirm.

how that setup is I don't know, but it has always been that when the compressor kicks in the engine rpm kinda slows down as it takes some hp to turn the compressor, and one can usually hear it as well cutting in and out as it is pumping freon. When the a/c is put on it should automatically kick in a slightly faster idle to compensate for the time the compressor is turning. Unless you are seeing a drastic drop in rpm then I almost think it is normal what you are seeing. But let your dealer diagnos it to confirm.
That I would agree is normal but my rpms are bouncing up and down which just started a few days ago so not in the normal range. I'm sure the dealership will have a solution as the shop boss there is very good. I'll post hopefully tomorrow with good news.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.