Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Going to ask the tough question, because odds are it is a personal choice answer, not to mention some are sponsors on here so they will promote their products. Which companies have you dealt with in the past and why ?? Let me be more specific.

I live in Montreal, and ACS is located here, so the obvious choice would be to choose some aero from them. However the price for some of their components like the carbon High Wing is just nuts compared to the competition.
The RCS stuff seems really high end and well made, but demands a higher price point as well (you get what you pay for type thing)
Sigala was in the running only because of the Z07 wing which others are also offering or about to offer (AGM for example). Would not consider them for full aero just based on short history of the company.
Paragon comes across as more a parts company while being a reseller for the aero (or just offering copies of what the competition is doing).

Which leaves me thinking of AGM, C7, American Hydro as the ones doing some decent stuff (especially in carbon fiber), at a decent price point.

Like most of you, looking to go front splitter, side skirts, maybe rear diffuser, and either High Wing or Z07 Wing, all in CF.

So curious as to why you went with a specific company, and curious more about their CF look and finish. If money was no object I would likely go with RCS, but so far am drawn to AGM's offerings, while trying to see why ACS is pricey for some items like their High Wing, cause it would save me some bucks in shipping to deal with them locally.

Thanks for your feedback and again I realize this is more a personal choice thing, but still curious !!

Last edited:
On delivery had the Chev Dealer install the ACS 1VM rocker skirt on my Z51.
The Z is Torch Red with Carbon Flash factory options on everything except the folding top. The ACS is an exact Carbon Flash match, full length rocker extension.
Wanted to buy a quality piece and Canadian made.
Very much like the end result.
BTW, the pic was taken in front of my friends Chrysler/Jeep Dealership but bought the vehicle from Reaume in Lasalle in case it looks a bit out of place.

Attachments

• DSCF9295_6_7_Enhancer Doous Vet 2022 1920.jpg
    DSCF9295_6_7_Enhancer Doous Vet 2022 1920.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Neils
I can only speak for ACS as that is all I have used. While researching my aero needs, ACS consistently came up as being the best fit and finish. Buying Canadian is also important to me. Yes, there are cheaper options out there. During my visit to ACS last summer, I watched Kevin install 1VM Rockers, Front Splitter, Rock Guards and Wickers on my first 2020 C8. I was very impressed. It was quick and he made it look easy. I had them ship me all the same pieces for my current C8 (save for the wickers, as I'm interested in some of their new options for the spoiler). I installed everything myself this time and you can now add me to the long list of satisfied ACS customers. Not as quick as Kevin’s install, but just as easy. I can now personally attest to the fit and finish of these pieces. They are top quality. During the installation they did for me last summer, Joseph explained the extensive testing, validation, and molding process they do. He also enlighten me on the type of material they use, making them very durable. I remember him saying (while holding my 1VM splitter) you can almost tie this splitter in a knot! Your typical salesman I though, as these pieces are fairly ridged! I didn't think much of that statement at the time, but while out west this past summer, I failed to see a curb while pulling into a parking spot in a tight underground garage. I whacked that 1VM splitter so hard, I didn't think there would be much left of it. I expected to be picking up splitter piece with shards of fibreglass everywhere. The sound alone left me wondering how much damage I had done to my front end. Although covered in yellow paint from the curb, I was shocked to find it was still in one piece. After returning to our accommodation, I used rubbing compound to remove all of the yellow paint. Except for a small scratch (I gave up on with the rubbing compound) the splitter looked like new! Seemed like it must have folded up underneath the bumper somehow and yet even the Carbon Flash paint held up well. I have scrapped the bottom of this splitter a few times now (I don’t have the front end lift) and although it makes me cringe every time it happens, I have a newly found confidence in my ACS parts. Besides looking great, they are worth every penny… in my opinion of course.

Attachments

• C8 pic.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 13
Thanks for all the great feedback so far. My guess is you guys are going with carbon flash finishes and the typical front splitter and side skirts setup. For those items, I feel that ACS is fairly competitive and "in the game".

But I am looking for exposed carbon fibre, and this is where things start to blow my mind with them. I won't list prices here, just the links to the items, but as you can see, it's not just double the price with ACS, in some cases it's 5 times the price. And this is where I am baffled. Unless their carbon fibre comes from the moon, and their High Wing is overbuilt, I just cannot justify or start to comprehend why the huge difference in price compared to the others. Even the high end RCS stuff is more affordable than the ACS offering.

Any ideas as to why ?? Trust me when I tell you I want to like ACS as they are in the same city as me, but not willing to spend exponentially more for it either.

ACS

C7

AGM

American Hydro

RCS

Same story for their front splitter and skirt kit combo in exposed carbon fibre, quite a bit more.

For those of you with CF pieces from them, please convince me it's worth the extra coin

Thanks

Going to ask the tough question, because odds are it is a personal choice answer, not to mention some are sponsors on here so they will promote their products. Which companies have you dealt with in the past and why ?? Let me be more specific.

I live in Montreal, and ACS is located here, so the obvious choice would be to choose some aero from them. However the price for some of their components like the carbon High Wing is just nuts compared to the competition.
The RCS stuff seems really high end and well made, but demands a higher price point as well (you get what you pay for type thing)
Sigala was in the running only because of the Z07 wing which others are also offering or about to offer (AGM for example). Would not consider them for full aero just based on short history of the company.
Paragon comes across as more a parts company while being a reseller for the aero (or just offering copies of what the competition is doing).

Which leaves me thinking of AGM, C7, American Hydro as the ones doing some decent stuff (especially in carbon fiber), at a decent price point.

Like most of you, looking to go front splitter, side skirts, maybe rear diffuser, and either High Wing or Z07 Wing, all in CF.

So curious as to why you went with a specific company, and curious more about their CF look and finish. If money was no object I would likely go with RCS, but so far am drawn to AGM's offerings, while trying to see why ACS is pricey for some items like their High Wing, cause it would save me some bucks in shipping to deal with them locally.

Thanks for your feedback and again I realize this is more a personal choice thing, but still curious !!
I haven't even seen all the variations (installed), so all I can speak to is what I either have or seen on a car. The Sigala is interesting, however, there are claims, with photos, that the workmanship seems to be "hurried" and is causing water leaks in the product and cracking. From what I read Sigala is not too responsive about thefailures and is blaming professional installers. Looking for wind tunnel-tested parts is suggested. I tried the Maxton affairs from Paragon and it is simply not up to the C8's fit & finish standards. It looks aftermarket and something that was made quickly & cheaply, however, it is inexpensive. I installed the entire kit and removed it all in one season. The only other product I have experienced is your "home-grown" ACS aero. It is well made and will take a beating the CF products simply cannot match. My experience is not to go too cheap, if you are like me, you may regret the decision. Good luck & Happy Motoring Neils!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread