charliebates

Casual User
You're 5
Mar 20, 2015
Red Deer
VetteCoins
Car
82 Berlina Coupe SE
I have a 1982 Phillips Berlina Coupe SE and it uses the C3 brake system. The front end is 1590 pounds and lighter than original due to a frame extension and as a result I find the front brakes are set up too heavy.
I'm looking at an aftermarket adjustable brake proportioning valve to adjust some braking from the front to rear.
The C3 already has the OEM proportioning valve that has the sensor to turn on the dash light in the event of a problem but I don't believe it does any more than that and most certainly isn't adjustable.
I'm looking for advice to learn if I can install a simple (without the dash light sensor) adjustable brake proportioning valve close to the master cylinder to increase rear brake line pressure ? And still run with the OEM one down on the frame with the dash light sensor ?
I'll never get an adjustable one to be a bolt on replacement of the original and don't want to mess with changing all the NEW brake lines that I have already installed.

Can my idea work? Thx

I talked with the Wilwood rep regarding the use of a the Heidts proportioning valve and advises me that it will work with the OEM one still in place. He explained that it will reduce the front brake line pressure and have no effect on the rear. He recommended the Heidts DR-023 proportioning valve that comes in the stock size of 3/8"-24 TPI for the Corvette set up.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Does anyone here know C3 brakes? The proportioning valve can only take away performance by reducing the effect of the front brakes. I've read the rear brakes can be reduced in performance by using a smaller diameter bore calipers.
I wonder what fits?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.