charles2010

Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
May 21, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Good day,

How easy is it to get a HUD installed to a non-HUD C6 in Canada? The car has a pre-factory cut hole,. but no HUD. Would anyone perhaps know whom can do a professional 'and proper' job installing a HUD -- whom can offer to sell an OEM - I am looking a famous bidding site, also various retailers on the web.

Anyone?

regards
Charles2010

Good question Charles. I see you are looking for a C6 to buy as well. Assuming you found one with no HUD.

I’ve not seen this subject here before but you are in the right place to get an answer. There are plenty of good low km C6s available with a higher option package that has the HUD. Might be worth looking for one as the HUD install will be fairly invasive on your dash and you will need a new windshield for it to display properly. Plus the controls on the lower left of your dash panel. The wiring may be in the harness already but I don’t know about that.
I only had 1 C6 and it had HUD but There are lots of C6 experts here on CCF.

Good luck

D

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Thank you for the response Derek. From what I have read the need a 'special windshield is incorrect' -- but I certainly will take your words to heart, perhaps it is and thank you for the kind advice. Yes I am looking to purchase a C6, I will perhaps keep looking if adding a HUD is difficult.

thank you
Charles2010

Reactions: ddgermann
I would think the windshield swap-out would be the easy part of the process (if it is required).
I'd be skeptical of an anticipated HUD plug&play ability having many hidden surprises
that might pop up when making electronic changes. The desire for HUD has it's
benefit and I'd be searching high & low for a low km loaded C6 as there may likely
be many of them from this year's remaining C7 sales at the dealerships
on top of the private sales that will be out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: LE BARON
Thank you that is very informative, I will certainly consider this information -- since I am looking to hopefully purchase a nice C6 and the HUD is something I would like to have. It seems; and I thank everyone for their kind help; the more I read the more I learn, it seems best to purchase a car with a HUD if that is something you wish.

regards
charles2010

I have heard mixed thoughts on the HUD glass versus non HUD glass. Some folks say it works others say not so good. Understand that the parts for the HUD are available I guess you could always change the glass as a last option if it does not work. Still think it would be a "awkward" job to do but it can be done.

I would look for a car that had what I wanted from the get go. JMHO.

Thank you for the response Derek. From what I have read the need a 'special windshield is incorrect' -- but I certainly will take your words to heart, perhaps it is and thank you for the kind advice. Yes I am looking to purchase a C6, I will perhaps keep looking if adding a HUD is difficult.

thank you
Charles2010
I have 2010 with 3LT package it had HUD and yes it has a different windshield than non HUD however I see it as a lot of work
is there a hole in your dash for HUD do you have reflection on bottom of windshield to reflect HUD etc I don't think so BUT I am no expert

I have been told that the HUD sort of works with the non-HUD windshield, The reflection of the display is not all that great. I second everyone's opinion here, take your time, be patient and find a car with as many options as you desire already installed. It will avoid the 'I shoulda feeling' and leave a lot more time to put the grin your face.

Good day,

How easy is it to get a HUD installed to a non-HUD C6 in Canada? The car has a pre-factory cut hole,. but no HUD. Would anyone perhaps know whom can do a professional 'and proper' job installing a HUD -- whom can offer to sell an OEM - I am looking a famous bidding site, also various retailers on the web.

Anyone?

regards
Charles2010
I have a HUD and most of the time do not use it because I forget its there...

I forget the speedo is there because just about everything I need to know is right in front of me.
Even the navigation gets displayed when you are close to a route change.

I use the HUD almost exclusively now. Shows song changes and yes the nav info is cool too although I don’t use it much. It took a while but now I rely on seeing my speed and RPM in the HUD. Combined with the steering wheel controls it’s a great system to keep your eyes up and on the road.
Really like the system and configuration options.
JMO

There are YouTube vids on how to install on a non hud car. The units themselves are available on the net...around 600.00 each. I looked and posted for anyone with skills to do the job but to no avail. I’ll watch this with interest. If the windshield needs to be replaced that is a very expensive add!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.