Jun 21, 2024
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
2017 C7 Z06
Province
ON
Watching comparison videos between the Z06 and the Eray and the majority of folks tend to sway towards the Z06. However, most of the videos are in the context of track driving. Wondering if anyone on the board can give a real world perceptive of the Eray's performance on our wonderful Canadian roads in relation to even the SR as I am assuming few have driven both the Z06 and Eray.

Ray

In the real world on public roads, Stingray drives better than Eray as there is less weight in the front, no drag of the electric motor compared to when Eray is recharging/ regenerating. Eray has much more tire noise.

Unless you are launching the ERay with foot to the floor, you might not even reach the threshold when electric motor kicks in and starts to add power.

Z06 in the real world on public roads has a noticeable lack of torque compared to the Stingray, which requires the driver to over throttle/ hold lower gear longer and get the RPMs up to compensate, making all the right engine noises but returning fuel economy of 25L/100km in the process.

Now, subjectively Z06 is more fun, objectively Stingray is a better all round vehicle.

My friend got an ERay delivered 2 weeks ago and have to admit it is a great car! However, the difference between the C8 to the Eray is a lot less dramatic than that of a C8 to Z06. The Eray is a superior daily driver, its very comfortable and less daunting and when it needs the power it is intense. The Z06 is an event for me. It is exciting and more memorable from the moment you switch it on to the way it screams when she is pushed. I cancelled the Eray to buy the Z06. I do not regret my decision.

Thanks for the input guys. I've driven the Stingray and it just felt drama free...great GT car if you will. My last car was a 720s so not expecting that kind of crazy acceleration but looking for the same special feeling when you drive a car. Sounds like the Z06 would fit that bill more so than the ERay. Now just need to wait for an allocation to pop up :)

Reactions: DenisC8
z06s are still a little challenging. But call Bill Spenser in Cobourg (ask for Shaun). Stand up guy and dealership. He had 3 z06s with z07 packages when I was there. They may have been sold though, didn't ask as I as fixated on the Orange one. BTW I am in Stoney Creek, neighbour!

z06s are still a little challenging. But call Bill Spenser in Cobourg (ask for Shaun). Stand up guy and dealership. He had 3 z06s with z07 packages when I was there. They may have been sold though, didn't ask as I as fixated on the Orange one. BTW I am in Stoney Creek, neighbour!
Hey neighour! I'm aware it will take me some time to land a Z06 which I'm okay with. Keeping my eyes open on what is coming in. Nothing has peeked my interest yet (colour or options). I've been working with Tracy in St.Catharines but I'll give Shaun a call and see what he may have.

Hey neighour! I'm aware it will take me some time to land a Z06 which I'm okay with. Keeping my eyes open on what is coming in. Nothing has peeked my interest yet (colour or options). I've been working with Tracy in St.Catharines but I'll give Shaun a call and see what he may have.
Tracy is great, I bought 2 corvettes from him

Tracy is a good person too. However, yesterday at the Burlington car show, a C7 owner ran into issues with his dealership whereby there was a signed and accepted deal, gave a deposit. The dealership then reduced the value of the trade by $10K even though there was no change to the trade since the time of acceptance, held the poor guys deposit, have stored his ordered vehicle outside in the rain and are charging him $25\day interest until it is sold. So I have asked him to talk to Tracy to see if he can help as I don't think it is right. I have only heard one side of the transaction but the BoS is pretty clear. Again, Tracy is good guy this does not reflect on him as a salesperson\member at all.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Tracy is a good person too. However, yesterday at the Burlington car show, a C7 owner ran into issues with his dealership whereby there was a signed and accepted deal, gave a deposit. The dealership then reduced the value of the trade by $10K even though there was no change to the trade since the time of acceptance, held the poor guys deposit, have stored his ordered vehicle outside in the rain and are charging him $25\day interest until it is sold. So I have asked him to talk to Tracy to see if he can help as I don't think it is right. I have only heard one side of the transaction but the BoS is pretty clear. Again, Tracy is good guy this does not reflect on him as a salesperson\member at all.
There's a lot of missing information with this story.

Reactions: DenisC8 and EMMDEE
when someone orders a car built to their spec they contractually agree to buy it or they lose their deposit. A trade in is a separate side deal, and value of a trade can change due to market conditions and not change in trade in vehicle's condition. If the trade in value is not good enough, don't trade it in, but you still have to buy the car your ordered or you will lose your deposit.

Cullen's instead of taking his $10,000 deposit that he forfeit, instead are nice enough to give it back to him minus 25$/per day storage fee until the vehicle sells. He should be thanking them for only holding his depot and not keeping it.

Telling other people's story's never usually works out...

Denis, you are a stand up guy, clear in your opinion and have met you a few times therefore this is nothing but push back on your opinion and not personal.
The trade value may have dropped but the price of C8s are also dropping exponentially.
I have bought 30+ cars in my lifetime, I don't know the details and don't want to get involved further. From a personal perspective, my trade value would determine my affordability of a vehicle. If the dealer doesn't want to offer the money they have committed to contractually, then it is only fair that the deal be cancelled and monies returned, this is just my opinion. If the value of the vehicle had gone up would the dealership volunteer\offer more money to the customer? Not so sure about that. If the price of the new car has dropped too will the dealership renegotiate the price to the current lower market price? Not so sure of that either. The customer is heart broken as this was a dream purchase for him. I have had terrible run ins with dealerships and it is very daunting and overwhelming to say the least. I hope the customer and dealership get to an equitable conclusion.

Reactions: vintageracer
Denis, you are a stand up guy, clear in your opinion and have met you a few times therefore this is nothing but push back on your opinion and not personal.
The trade value may have dropped but the price of C8s are also dropping exponentially.
I have bought 30+ cars in my lifetime, I don't know the details and don't want to get involved further. From a personal perspective, my trade value would determine my affordability of a vehicle. If the dealer doesn't want to offer the money they have committed to contractually, then it is only fair that the deal be cancelled and monies returned, this is just my opinion. If the value of the vehicle had gone up would the dealership volunteer\offer more money to the customer? Not so sure about that. If the price of the new car has dropped too will the dealership renegotiate the price to the current lower market price? Not so sure of that either. The customer is heart broken as this was a dream purchase for him. I have had terrible run ins with dealerships and it is very daunting and overwhelming to say the least. I hope the customer and dealership get to an equitable conclusion.
This could have been avoided if the customer would have traded in/ surrendered his C7 to the dealership at the time the price was quoted.

Trade values have dropped but the price of a built to order 2024 C8 has not moved from MSRP.

Keep in mind I am saying this as someone who was going to trade in my 2021 for a 2024, and ended up keeping 2021 due to low trade in offer and still buying 2024 as per my original purchase agreement with the dealer.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Thought this was cool.
You e-ray owners will get a cool gift.
Captured from midengine forum.

1719409449444.png

• Love
Reactions: EMMDEE