Nicco1

I'm New Here
May 6, 2018
Maple Ridge. BC
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Corvette Conver
After driving my 2000 corvette for about 10 minutes. I get the "active handling warming up" message on my display? This has been happening every time I drive the car for the past three weeks now. It doesn't seem to effect the way the car drives, but am wondering if anyone else has, or has had this problem??

Nicco 1, welcome to the forum. The message you are getting is normal. Mine comes on after driving about 500 feet or so and the process lasts maybe 30 seconds, sometimes longer which I cannot explain. I do not get if I have been driving the car all day, just once the initial start up has taken place.

Not exactly sure what is involved in warming up, I never get toast or anything like that.:Biggrin: Enjoy your car and you do not have a problem with what you are seeing.

Again welcome and post up some pictures of your Corvette. We like pictures here.

Reactions: Hotrodron
Thanks for the fast reply. the problem that I have is that it stays on as long as I am driving the car? It never goes off. Someone mentioned that it could be the yaw rate sensor...... and then numerous other things too.. Lol

I have it sitting at my brothers shop and they are trying to figure it out. I had an alignment done and the right side was out by .02 and they could not get it to stay at 0?

Hi, I had not only the active handling but also traction control and abs light on the dash. Went through the codes and had the dreaded 1214 error showing up. After doing a little sleuthing on the net and cleaning two ground connections the error code was still there. So I uninstalled the EBCM. This is the ABS module. Then I sent it to the ABS Fixer and also asked for a surge suppressor to be added for an extra $50 US. After all costs including postage there and back plus duty and taxes when it came back, the whole cost was $400 CDN. After the reinstall I crawled out from under the car put the key in the ignition and saw no more codes it was like Xmas morning, having gotten a huge gift. A dealer would have charged about $1,800. The whole thing took about ten to twelve days.
Al.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.