Tim C.

Regular
You're 5
Aug 22, 2015
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2006 Coupe
'Service engine soon" Locked in Park. "Active Handling icon kept coming and going..finally GM found the code and replaced the brake pedal switch and module...good to go

Reactions: ddgermann
Damn Tim C........ you went from "the day just got a whole lot better" to WTF..... hopefully its just a matter of a simple electrical Gremlin and they get it right 2nd time around. Good luck.
Recalibrated brake switch circuit...no charge . good to go again..thks

Something you can spend some time on is cleaning all the grounds for the car. I think there are five major ones. Do you have a shop manual for the car? These cars are just to sensitive to voltage losses, worth a look to clean up any sketchy looking connections.

Frustrating, we have all had our electrical issues with these cars.

Something you can spend some time on is cleaning all the grounds for the car. I think there are five major ones. Do you have a shop manual for the car? These cars are just to sensitive to voltage losses, worth a look to clean up any sketchy looking connections.

Frustrating, we have all had our electrical issues with these cars.
Would you believe last night at 8pm happened again 'actvice handling' icon came on again. Drove right to Myers Orleans and left it..omg

With the service active handling warning amongst others, it came down to the steering wheel angle sensor. No more problems a month or so later. With Active Handling, everything is related and the computer goes crazy trying to figure things out when one part acts up. All this needless complication is my biggest worry in owning one of these cars. Electric door opener buttons then mechanical duplication in case the battery goes dead. Waste of money. I'm getting older but I think that I can still open a door without help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.