Tim C.

Regular
You're 5
Aug 22, 2015
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2006 Coupe
I bought this oil filter for my 06 vette. Does this replace the PF48 and is it OK to use? I understand that the PF48 is discontinued?

Thank you.

Tim, not really sure but maybe make a quick call to your local GM store and ask their parts guys about this particular filter.

Think you are right to question the application.

Let us know what you find.
I believe Pf48E has replaced Pf48..There may be PF48 still around but not many

The E is the replacement, I checked with the dealer last week when looking for a filter.
Oil filters......ACDelco PF48 vs PF48E ??? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

and
New AC Delco PF48E & PF48 Cut | Engine Oil Filters | Bob Is The Oil Guy

The AC Delco is a good filter, and I'm generally a fan of OEM filters on engines as that's the filter and flow rate the engine designers intended, but if you're running synthetic oil there's something to be said for synthetic filter media over paper media. I do believe the AC Delco is a fiber synthetic composite so a bit better.

Canadian Tire carries the equivalent Mobil 1 M1-107 for $13.99 when on sale here, which is about what GM wanted for the AC Delco here. I'm definitely a fan of Mobil 1 filters, having a good experience with Mobil and Champion Laboratories customer service, as I had a filter leak from new on my G35, and they sent me 4 complimentary replacements in the mail.

Attachments

• 20180719_020237.jpg
    20180719_020237.jpg
    887.2 KB · Views: 6
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.