Oct 5, 2012
Penticton,BC
VetteCoins
Car
2008 C6 Base Coupe
Have had my 08 in winter storage since the end of Oct. Have had it running a couple of times no problem. Drove it around our complex as no insurance about 3 weeks ago everything was fine. Had to move it yesterday as soon as it moved about a foot the ABS light came on and the screen said it needs service. Any ideas why and will it clear itself when I get it on the road and driving it? Or should clear the code and see if it comes back.

since no one answered yet, and I'm the last guy to diagnose a much newer car than I'm used to. I'd bet a mickey of polish koolaide that next time you go start the car the light will be out. Or start it press the brakes hard a few times and shut it off, restart and no light.....:Shrug2:.....

• Clever
Reactions: Millertime
If you have a code reader, pull out the codes and do a road test, if the light doesn't clear by itself, try to clear the codes, if impossible or the code come back, then you have to have it check. Sometime, just corrosion from humidity in the garage or a roden who made a snack with your wires.

Good luck and post the results

Stephane

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
If you don't have a code reader, you can disconnect the battery for a couple minutes and that will clear the code, but you will have to reset your windows. If it comes back you will need to get the code read..

If you don't have a code reader, you can disconnect the battery for a couple minutes and that will clear the code, but you will have to reset your windows. If it comes back you will need to get the code read..
It usually takes a few cycles after disconnecting the battery if the lightt does come back. Mine did come.back.

Are you driving it out in the colder atmosphere?

We have a brand new Chevy (however not Corvette) and finding an annoying ABS warning popping up. We took it in twice under warranty ... to no resolve. It is consistent when in very cold weather. Not that this is a fix for you, maybe something consistent (maybe not) for you to scribe in your internal memory bank. We were told low battery voltage (code) added to the cold outside temp.
Ironically -30s overnight last night and the warning showed up for us this morning. Grocery store and back .... no warning.
I feel your bewilderment 🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.