Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
For those listened to his music, we say goodbye today to one of my favorite music artists. John Prine, at 73 years of age, passed away today from Covid 19 complications. John was both a great songwriter and a great entertainer. Many may not know of John but his song writing has been recorded by many artists world wide. I had the opportunity to be invited backstage at a concert of his many years ago. That night drinking Heineken beer with him and Leo Kottke I realized what a truly honest and down to earth man and musician he was. His music has and will always hold a place in my heart and my library.
RIP John Prine.

One of the best, RIP JP.
I was watching Colbert last week. He pulled this 'never shown before' clip from 2016. It's very ironic....."just in case something terrible happens" he says to John.....

That was great. Thanks for posting that. Love his story on his Live Album about that song. He was playing in San Fran and a girl came up to the stage and asked him if he would play the song about the happy enchilada... He said she must have him confused because he didn't have a song about a happy enchilada. She insisted he did so he asked her how it went. She said "It's a happy enchilada and you think you're gonna drown".... He said he was glad she liked the song and sang that line in the last chorus... I use to do that song years ago... think I will start doing it again.... RIP John

Reactions: AxeZ06
A while back,one of my musician buddies who is also a great artist painted John's picture from the Sweet Revenge album on this guitar and gifted it to me. Hangs proudly in my house. I looked at it a lot yesterday....

John.jpg

Very kewl... Thx Randy for sharing that. I been sitting in the shop by myself singing a few of John's each day too...Love the cigar box mandolin. Always wanted to build one of those... Stay safe buddy.

Ben calls that his hobo fiddle. I bought one from him that he made limited numbers of. It is a lot of to play around with. 3 string cigar box setup and nylon strings. The art is hand drawn on by Farley Andreeson and then he hand wood burns it into the box. I asked him to get Farley to sign the back as well and she did. Can be played acoustically of course like Ben does in that video but he also installed a piezo pickup and a jack so can run it through an amp.

20200411_112406.jpg20200411_112427.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread