Though prone to stupid moments myself it is stories like this that help to give me pause.

Yes, looking at the road you can see how it would be lending itself to encouraging spirited driving but as of yet we still don't know the suspected cause. I mean maybe a deer ran onto the road or something like that and it was a loss of control in avoiding that. I don't want to jump to the conclusion that it was "just another guy stunting" after all. Stereotypes............

Reactions: MikeysZ06
My best wishes for recovery of the occupants.
It often appears as the aftermath of an accident with single vehicle involvement, that
unless a catastrophic failure beyond the control of the driver is found, it most often is deemed as avoidable.
(after all, in the chance that it happened, the animal that escaped any injury ... always flees the scene).

This photo of this incident reminds me of my recent experience at the Ron Fellow Corvette Owners Driving School.
Stereotypical Perspectives was discussed during the ABS (Ability to Brake and Steer) and the C7 Steering Wheel Session.
Discussion in part involves reasons for why it is important to always grasp the steering wheel correctly at speed.
I am not speculating on this particular accident but it is another reminder for me of why I am to no longer grasp at 12 o'clock.

added note: All reasons for loosing control aside, I think it was said your attempt to gain control is only for the initial moments; then you will be out of control. Success in the initial moments depends on how you are prepared. It is important to be prepared when travelling at high speed. All hind sight for these boys ... I really hope that they will be able to recover and be able to tell people about any lessons they've learned.

Last edited:
Still no confirmed cause but more information was released:

The RNC confirms the 28-year-old man who was ejected from the Corvette during the rollover on Blackhead Road was not belted in.

"Our investigation has revealed that the person was not wearing a seat belt," Sgt. Paul Didham told CBC News.

He is in hospital, in serious condition, along with the 22-year-old man who was driving the car that ended up on its roof.

The debris trail from the accident was 850 metres — about a kilometre long

That is some distance to travel out of control..........................

No deer in Newfoundland, we have lots of moose (more than 110,000 at last estimate). We will have to wait and see if that was indeed the case or not. It is about that time of year for the big creatures to begin wandering around the roads. Fingers crossed they both come out of it ok eventually. Last report I heard, both were in serious condition in hospital

Unfortunately, people not wearing seat belts for what ever reason is still more common than we realize. :depressed: Please remember to have everyone in the vehicle wear them. It does make a huge difference, seen it first hand.

:Angelsad2:

:( Myself as "a driver" and "performance car pilot" am sadly reminded by events like this that seat belts are not an option for our passengers :(

(and yes it is debatable whether it makes a difference or not, but it would take that away from my thoughts as the driver)
(this scene is horrific; outcome sad; and the likelihood is that it trends to lean toward the fact that it's hard to prevent "stupid")​

Last edited:
Ohh,the stories I could tell you guys from a few of the fatal crashes that I've had to close roads for here. Kinda one of the perks at work that aren't so pleasant to see. I've seen my share of kids still stuck in their cars and distraught parents being held back by police at different scenes. Terrible,terrible stuff. I couldn't imagine getting that knock on the door at 3 am.

Godspeed to this young man.

Reactions: Tinman
Ohh,the stories I could tell you guys from a few of the fatal crashes that I've had to close roads for here. Kinda one of the perks at work that aren't so pleasant to see. I've seen my share of kids still stuck in their cars and distraught parents being held back by police at different scenes. Terrible,terrible stuff. I couldn't imagine getting that knock on the door at 3 am.

Amen brother. I hated doing NOK's too. They are right up there with being first on scene to something major. Godspeed .

Reactions: MikeysZ06

As a volunteer firefighter, I have seen incidents where seat belts could have made a difference and I have seen where they have been the difference. It is depressing to think that it still happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.