Featured Thread
Jul 28, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Corvette
Province
NS
This isn't political, or at least it is not intended to be. I just can't watch the news much longer and witness how Alberta is getting hammered from all sides lately and not express my concern and well wishes. I know there's a fair number of Albertans that hang out on the board, so it seems a good place to say this.

From the fires, to the international oil “bun fight” that's devastating their economy, to the pandemic and now floods in Fort Mac (as if the fires and oil wasn't bad enough already), you guys are just getting hammered from all sides.

Sitting here in NS, I can't do much of anything to help (as you know, we've got our own serious problems right now), but I'd like to put forward my feelings of solidarity and compassion to the relentless hammering the province of Alberta has been taking lately.

I feel your pain. I understand your suffering.. I wish you all the best in the coming year and hope the world turns around in 2020 for all you guys out there.

It seems the world has just gone crazy lately. But I know many Albertans. I have worked and toiled shoulder to shoulder with Albertans. They are a tough people, like all Canadians. You will persevere, things will turn around. Just hang in there.

As I said, I wish I could do more. Please know that you're not alone and I recognize your struggles....

Last edited:
Thanks for those kind sentiments.

Here's hoping the Federal transfer payments will find their way to Alberta for a change while we're having the s*#t kicked out of our economy, when so much of Alberta's past tax dollars created by oil for many decades, helped out the rest of the country and Quebec in particular...

Thanks for the word of encouragement and solidarity @Tourmax. Like most places anywhere in the world, it's not a place that has seen much good. On the people side it's a time when we are seeing more personal connections and help your fellow man wherever we can. Here's to 2020 turning around and what is happening making a change in all for the good.

Thanks for those kind sentiments.

Here's hoping the Federal transfer payments will find their way to Alberta for a change while we're having the s*#t kicked out of our economy, when so much of Alberta's past tax dollars created by oil for many decades, helped out the rest of the country and Quebec in particular...
I’d like to say they will, but given the way the feds are burning through cash right now, I doubt anyone will be seeing any transfer payments in the near future.

Remember Justin is big on debt and spending, but not much for one to figure out how to deal with the debt it creates.

The really bad thing is people like my teenage daughter will be the one to bear the brunt of this crisis when they start into the workforce (assuming there still is a workforce then)....

This thread is timely and appreciated 👍🏻Thank You.
Photo I came across today that is apparently from Fort Mac 🙁
not pretty for one Corvette Owner
0D738E6B-E65A-4D33-9004-6FA0CA53FDAC.jpeg

Last edited:
Tourmax, it gives me hope that our struggle is being recognized elsewhere in this vast country. You just never know how you are viewed from others that live elsewhere, so thank you for those words of concern. It feels like we are circling the bowl lately, but we will hang on!
Also, I would like you to know that Alberta, and the rest of Canada mourn with you after that horrible shooting you all suffered a short time ago. Such a senseless tragedy.
We are all Canadians, and need to stick together to get through these tough times.
Dale.

This isn't political, or at least it is not intended to be. I just can't watch the news much longer and witness how Alberta is getting hammered from all sides lately and not express my concern and well wishes. I know there's a fair number of Albertans that hang out on the board, so it seems a good place to say this.

From the fires, to the international oil “bun fight” that's devastating their economy, to the pandemic and now floods in Fort Mac (as if the fires and oil wasn't bad enough already), you guys are just getting hammered from all sides.

Sitting here in NS, I can't do much of anything to help (as you know, we've got our own serious problems right now), but I'd like to put forward my feelings of solidarity and compassion to the relentless hammering the province of Alberta has been taking lately.

I feel your pain. I understand your suffering.. I wish you all the best in the coming year and hope the world turns around in 2020 for all you guys out there.

It seems the world has just gone crazy lately. But I know many Albertans. I have worked and toiled shoulder to shoulder with Albertans. They are a tough people, like all Canadians. You will persevere, things will turn around. Just hang in there.

As I said, I wish I could do more. Please know that you're not alone and I recognize your struggles....

Thank you for those thoughts. On here we all have one common bond; the Corvette. Some of us have 2; Canadian. And some of us even have 3 common bonds; friendship.

Your post is well-timed and the words have profound meaning to many of us.

Again, thanks

Well said Tourmax! Bad federal leadership under J.T. is a big part of economic picture in AB which affects us all; but, our friends in AB are really paying the price big time for his ineptitude and lack of a Canadian energy policy that allows/permits the use of Canadian produced oil in this country: no way we should be importing oil!!

Tourmax, it gives me hope that our struggle is being recognized elsewhere in this vast country. You just never know how you are viewed from others that live elsewhere, so thank you for those words of concern. It feels like we are circling the bowl lately, but we will hang on!
Also, I would like you to know that Alberta, and the rest of Canada mourn with you after that horrible shooting you all suffered a short time ago. Such a senseless tragedy.
We are all Canadians, and need to stick together to get through these tough times.
Dale.

we have 6 more to grieve for now, two of them native bluenosers.

its like the world has gone crazy everywhere.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.