May 4, 2021
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Province
ON
I know GM sends new C8 owners a nice "Speed Shape" in the correct color, but, I feel they could have gone a step further with an actual die cast model of the owner's spec (similar to Lamborghini and Ferrari), but I digress. Yesterday my best friend (and boss) stopped in and gave me a surprise gift as he is also a car guy. A beautiful 1:18 scale resin model of the exact spec my 2022 C8 will be to "tie me over" until I get the real thing next year. He is an avid model car collector and buys a lot from Jeff at Nice Car Diecast in Quebec. Here is their website: Nice Car Diecast. They have many colors and models to choose from and the detail is extremely accurate on most of the cars they sell. Reasonable price as well (mine was $169). I just ordered the C8R to compliment this one for my display. Here is a couple of pictures:

Attachments

• 20210712_191918_HDR.jpg
    20210712_191918_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210712_191925_HDR.jpg
    20210712_191925_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20210712_192005_HDR.jpg
    20210712_192005_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20210712_192017_HDR.jpg
    20210712_192017_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
But, he doesn't make them does he?
No, but, he orders from a lot of companies worldwide and he has found companies that either make the exact spec you're looking for or will take a request if there is enough interest. My boss is very particular with the specs of the cars he orders and Jeff has come through for him each and every time... and with a surprisingly quick turnaround as well... he sells more than he shows on the website (which is impressive on its own)

I know GM sends new C8 owners a nice "Speed Shape" in the correct color, but, I feel they could have gone a step further with an actual die cast model of the owner's spec (similar to Lamborghini and Ferrari), but I digress. Yesterday my best friend (and boss) stopped in and gave me a surprise gift as he is also a car guy. A beautiful 1:18 scale resin model of the exact spec my 2022 C8 will be to "tie me over" until I get the real thing next year. He is an avid model car collector and buys a lot from Jeff at Nice Car Diecast in Quebec. Here is their website: Nice Car Diecast. They have many colors and models to choose from and the detail is extremely accurate on most of the cars they sell. Reasonable price as well (mine was $169). I just ordered the C8R to compliment this one for my display. Here is a couple of pictures:
Your die cast looks great! I am just admiring my speed shape Rapid Blue HTC and admiring the unique shape, design and mounting plaque with etched VIN #, and description. I think Corvette did this so right, even better than an exact replica which is always available to the masses. The speed shape is unique, which makes it a “one off.” Kudos to GM following up on a superior product with a very unique reminder of how fortunate we C8 owners are. Happy Motoring!!!

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Your die cast looks great! I am just admiring my speed shape Rapid Blue HTC and admiring the unique shape, design and mounting plaque with etched VIN #, and description. I think Corvette did this so right, even better than an exact replica which is always available to the masses. The speed shape is unique, which makes it a “one off.” Kudos to GM following up on a superior product with a very unique reminder of how fortunate we C8 owners are. Happy Motoring!!!
Murray, I hope I didn't sound like I was “dissing” your die cast…it is an excellent and well executed model! Cheers!

Murray, I hope I didn't sound like I was “dissing” your die cast…it is an excellent and well executed model! Cheers!
I don't have A diecast. I have a remote controlled model of a Z51 and I have the speed shape thingy. All these things are a dust collectors to me, but I agree that it is very unique and well done by Chevy. And besides my wife told me I wanted it. lol
(Rruuff Day is very jealous of us ;) )

Not disagreeing, however, GM could have easily commissioned a company to make these diecadts with your VIN and individual options as well. I guess a speed shape is better than nothing.

Reactions: DAL
Not disagreeing, however, GM could have easily commissioned a company to make these diecadts with your VIN and individual options as well. I guess a speed shape is better than nothing.
I imagine cost had a lot to do with it. A puddle of plastic in a mold in a too hot oven (Right RRuuFF Day? ;) ) is much cheaper.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
hahahaha..... Sorry for my (now missing) comments... I am jealous Murray. Wish I had room for a C8 but parking it my barn is not an option and I won't give up my C7 as my cruiser cause sooner or later, covid will not be an issue and I can get back into the long distance trips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.