67HEAVEN

Regular
2 You're 10
Aug 23, 2010
Southcentral Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1967 BBC coupe
Ever seen inside a 427 - 435 hp big block?

:rofl:

142r8di.jpg

5l6ueq.jpg

1pbkaf.jpg

xrv3q.jpg

On the back straight at Shannonville...........BANG! :swear:

:D

ow ow ow ow ow :eek: !!! was the block saveable ?

There's a very good chance. It doesn't look much the worse for wear to the naked eye. I'll finally get around to having it checked professionally in the new year. I'll get the heads checked while I'm at it.

If most of it's good, I'll rebuild it and find a way to use it in something or other. :D

But, I sure won't be putting it back together with the original-style connecting rod bolts - 3868720. More than anything else, they were the weak spot in early HiPerf big blocks. The higher horsepower big blocks made too much power for the bottom end components.

There's a very good chance. It doesn't look much the worse for wear to the naked eye. I'll finally get around to having it checked professionally in the new year. I'll get the heads checked while I'm at it.

If most of it's good, I'll rebuild it and find a way to use it in something or other. :D

But, I sure won't be putting it back together with the original-style connecting rod bolts - 3868720. More than anything else, they were the weak spot in early HiPerf big blocks. The higher horsepower big blocks made too much power for the bottom end components.

A.R.P.'s got so many bolts , they sell em' !!! :D

Which car were you running at the time it let go ? Were you in a race, or was it a track day ?

I need to find out about this .. I think I'd like to run my car around a road course some day .

Which car were you running at the time it let go ?

Same car....different colour. We used to run track days (that often turned into unofficial races :nono: ) around Mosport and Shannonville in addition to gymkhana at various club events across Southern Ontario. Roll bar and open headers. We felt like Stirling Moss. :rofl:

n6lfp.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.