hey riley, if your friend is serious for a c6, I know of 2, one is an 07 convertible and the other is an 06 z06. the z owner has had his family dynamics change, so he's looking to sell and maybe get a 4 seater. the other guy is testing the waters with his. both cars don't have any issues. I know both guys personally and can vouch for their cars being in very nice shape. if interested give me a shout. and I can send you the contact info.

i would look for pretty much same issues as c5 don't remember any c6 specifics. other than 05's auto were 4 sp and later model auto's were 6 spd

I do like the change to the LS3 for 08. The only C5 issues I could come up with are wobbling harmonic balancer on the LS2. Leaking rear end at the half shaft, dim HVAC units, rocking seats, cracked rocker panels, general condition of the wiring under the hood, brake and clutch fluid color, coolant color, and oil consumption on the 2001's.

I think one of the unique Corvettes would be an 08 Z51 as it is the only Z51 with an LS3. I think they stopped making the Z51 when the GS came out???

hey riley, if your friend is serious for a c6, I know of 2, one is an 07 convertible and the other is an 06 z06. the z owner has had his family dynamics change, so he's looking to sell and maybe get a 4 seater. the other guy is testing the waters with his. both cars don't have any issues. I know both guys personally and can vouch for their cars being in very nice shape. if interested give me a shout. and I can send you the contact info.

My brother's '06 auto vert was aok -- the LS2 was very strong and you'd be hard pressed to tell much difference in power between it and my LS3 (before recent mods of course) ..... but he was quite happy with his and got a decent price on selling. ($31k) His was pristine low mileage (only 21k kilometers tho).

As far as my C6: it has the rocking chair issue which is quite common (on other brands too) which isn't bad -- I will take it in when I get time for a fix.

But that's it -- I've been very impressed with my '11 GS as was Terry with his '06 'vert. ONe issue Terry had was with the rear end: grunting on turns when cold. A quick oil change fixed that up and Manny says it's quite common.
Seems to me GM beefed up the rear ends on the C6's - Not sure if that's '05 and up or '06 and up.

Familiarity would be a big thing with me if I were hunting for a car, and it sounds like it's available in spades with bigneez's friend's cars. Certainly worth a look.

Wish him luck and oh yes: get him on here to participate in this himself.

Always room for another member and tell him we like pics in case you forgot.:rofl: -- JK Riley -- no doubt you've already told him....more than once.

Cheers
Colin.

I'll ask. I believe he is looking for a coupe with a manual transmission. He is not in a rush to find something but if the right car comes along, he is looking to buy one. Thanks for posting you guys!!! Boombastic, your car sounds like a beaut!

Ha! Too funny Colin. He's is a pretty quiet guy. I'm not too sure if I'd get him on the forum.

I have to agree that if someone knows someone or is selling one on the forum that is a good member, that is a pretty big bonus! I did not know the rocking seat plagued the C6's! I though that was just a C5 thing. Interesting....

Sounds like you and your bro have a couple really nice cars....so is your brother waiting for the C7's to get back into Corvettes? :D

I'll ask. I believe he is looking for a coupe with a manual transmission. He is not in a rush to find something but if the right car comes along, he is looking to buy one. Thanks for posting you guys!!! Boombastic, your car sounds like a beaut!

Ha! Too funny Colin. He's is a pretty quiet guy. I'm not too sure if I'd get him on the forum.

I have to agree that if someone knows someone or is selling one on the forum that is a good member, that is a pretty big bonus! I did not know the rocking seat plagued the C6's! I though that was just a C5 thing. Interesting....

Sounds like you and your bro have a couple really nice cars....so is your brother waiting for the C7's to get back into Corvettes? :D

He was quite happy with his '06 and would have kept it were it not for something that came up recently (not related to cars) ..... necessitating a little 'coin' for another project......
If it pans out he'll be back in a vette I'm sure and yes he loves the C7 and if he can will consider one probably in year 2.

In the meantime I'll spoil him a little with mine. He and I usually go to the same meets and such so he can drive one and I'll drive the other for now.
There is something in it for me tho -- free room and board for my baby while the snow flies....in his garage. Otherwise I'd have to park something in the driveway and I hate doing that.

C.

Yes. The 2005 model has been mown for a weak rear end, but it shouldn't stop you. Mine has been fine. In fact it seems like LS2 mods are cheaper to buy than the LS3 mods. So if you're looking to mod something, maybe a 2005 fits the bill.

What is the rocking sat issue?

Yes. The 2005 model has been mown for a weak rear end, but it shouldn't stop you. Mine has been fine. In fact it seems like LS2 mods are cheaper to buy than the LS3 mods. So if you're looking to mod something, maybe a 2005 fits the bill.

What is the rocking sat issue?

The frame rails that the seat rides on get loose and worn, causing the seat move slightly forward on braking and backward on accelerating. Mine is getting worse in the 2 years I've had it but it's not objectionable at all, just a little annoying.
I'd guestimate that it's moving about an 1/8"-- about 3mm.

I had this issue on an '03 Infiniti Coupe and the dealer just replaced the rails. No biggie.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.