VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG_3977.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3979.JPG
In my work truck,a reminder of Calgarys greasiest chicken. Lol. There was a time when this chicken was fairly good but,not so much anymore. I last had their "hungry man" deal when it was $9.00. Early 2000s maybe?? I only do the fritters nowadays.

Reactions: ddgermann
Lol... we had that in Edmonton as well. You are right Mike. It was dripping with grease. If I remember right they cooked it in the truck. Not sure though. Imagine using a deep fryer in traffic.
:Biggrin:

Thinking of Calgary staples. I love Peter's.
I've never had Chicken on the way.
Peters isn't the same since it was sold a few years back. The shakes are still thick enough to use a shovel but the burgers are nowhere near as good as awhile back. I'm partial to root beer/banana shakes or root beer/strawberry. Had one yesterday !!

I find that at least once a year I have to have Kentucky Fried Chicken. No idea why and after I bought it wonder why I did. But make no mistake I will buy it again and perhaps again.:banghead::Biggrin::thumbs:
Back in the 80s we had a place here,Mr Drumstick. They'd deliver city wide until 3 am. Best chicken around and delivered hot. Back in the day I could put down 7 piece and 3 fritters and a medium coleslaw. Lol.

Back in my truckin days I always stopped at a little burger joint, ran by Chinese and I think it was Ogden Road Burgers....maybe??
I think you're remembering the old "Bobs" burgers in the strip mall across from the Glenmore Inn. Yup,they were good and were there up until about 5/7 years ago. The catch slogan was "Bobs bigger better beautiful burgers".

There is a restaurant we order from here in Edmonton with a burger called "4 Horseman of the Apocalypse". The thing is insanely big and DElicious.
I'm getting one on the weekend... I'll post a pic. :Biggrin:
There's a couple of places in Edmonton that have been on that show " You gotta eat here". I can't think of the names offhand but I've always wanted to try a couple of them. One of them I think is a desert place. Cinnamon buns the size of trailer tires and breakfast place if I recall.

The sugar bowl!! That's what it's called. And Sloppy Hoggs is another place I've heard of. Supposed to be pretty good.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.