Featured Thread
Apr 21, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005 C6
Province
USA
Hello, all. I am a retired American Airlines B-777 Captain living in Port Ludlow, WA. Married for 48 years, since the day after I graduated from the USAF Academy. We have 3 children and 6 grand children. I flew RC 135s in the Air Force out of Eielson and Shemya AFBs. I had always wanted a Corvette and in 2007 I found my 2005 LeMans blue C6 convertible with the Z51 package. We belong to the Glass Odyssey Corvette Club of Kitsap County, WA. We drive in parades, go wine tasting, and drive the back roads of the West; the more curves the better! We also spend a lot of time in our 5th wheel(2013 F350 DRW) and cruising the ocean blue. Our Corvette has been virtually trouble free over 70K miles until this issue I’m having with the Service Traction System message. Several of us in our club are driving to Bowling Green in the National Corvette Caravan with the Pacific Northwest region. Sure hope the little blue corvette gets fixed soon so I can check it out on a longish several day trip before the Caravan. My wife, Susie and I hope we’ll see some you on the Caravan! Here’s our LBC decked out for the Viking Fest Parade in Poulsbo, WA last summer!

! 1FDB6226-135C-4D3E-B637-A993688B3260.jpeg

Hello, all. I am a retired American Airlines B-777 Captain living in Port Ludlow, WA. Married for 48 years, since the day after I graduated from the USAF Academy. We have 3 children and 6 grand children. I flew RC 135s in the Air Force out of Eielson and Shemya AFBs. I had always wanted a Corvette and in 2007 I found my 2005 LeMans blue C6 convertible with the Z51 package. We belong to the Glass Odyssey Corvette Club of Kitsap County, WA. We drive in parades, go wine tasting, and drive the back roads of the West; the more curves the better! We also spend a lot of time in our 5th wheel(2013 F350 DRW) and cruising the ocean blue. Our Corvette has been virtually trouble free over 70K miles until this issue I’m having with the Service Traction System message. Several of us in our club are driving to Bowling Green in the National Corvette Caravan with the Pacific Northwest region. Sure hope the little blue corvette gets fixed soon so I can check it out on a longish several day trip before the Caravan. My wife, Susie and I hope we’ll see some you on the Caravan! Here’s our LBC decked out for the Viking Fest Parade in Poulsbo, WA last summer!

!View attachment 25740

Beauty car and a great intro Ken. Welcome to the forum. Hope it's an easy fix.

Reactions: LE BARON

!View attachment 25740
Welcome to the forum Ken and nice car. I find your background interesting since you have a lot of similarities to a Facebook and YouTube personality that I follow named Juan Browne and his YouTube channel is called the Blancolirio channel. He had a lengthy USAF career and flew everything from F-16's to air tankers. After his retirement from the airforce he became a commercial airline pilot and is still first officer on a 777 and often posts videos made during his overseas stop overs. Juan lives in Northern California.

welcome to CCF Ken777 , great intro . I took training and got my licence in a Cessna 150 back in '77 ....small potatoes compared to what you did......I prefer the Corvette over the plane !! enjoy cruising this summer.

Reactions: LE BARON
Welcome to the Canadian Corvette Forum Ken, great to see our American friends joining up from coast to coast. :thumbs:

Fascinating introduction, what a career.

Hope you get the issues sorted out and enjoy the trip to Bowling Green. Lots of Canadian groups heading down as well.

!View attachment 25740
Welcome to CCF and thank you for your introduction.

My Bucket List actually has a Corvette Journey to Vancouver Island from Calgary
and taking the Ferry South to Washington.
Then on a drive that I know will pass very close by you.
We are unsure of heading South to Tacoma or taking another ferry East
to Everett area (as there would definitely be a stop there that you would know much about for sure).
I will send you a note in the coming year or so - closer to the time that we can take this journey.

You will meet a few who represent the CCF bunch in Western Canada on the Caravan to Kentucky.
You will be meeting up with them in Rapids City SD. Sadly, I cannot take advantage of this experience.
Just watch for a specific Decal and you will know who they are (it was just added to the CCF Store).
The 4-5 cars with the Western Canadian Caravan Windshield Banners will be noticeable.

Here's the Decal the group will be sporting ....

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

!View attachment 25740

Nice car Ken .. and Welcome to CCF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.