Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Man, this lockdown has been a long, boring road, but recently the Alberta government lifted the ban on in-person dining at restaurants. As it was my wife's birthday this past week, the timing was perfect to finally get out of the house for some change of scenery and a good meal. Prior to Covid, we used to go out for dinner at least once a month, but we had not been out for such a long time. We went to our favourite place, The Keg, and had a wonderful meal! The last time we were there was in August, so this felt great. It was indeed like coming up for a breath of fresh air, after being drenched in the stink of the Covid air.
It was a nice mental break from all the crap we have had to put up with. I sure hope our numbers don't start to rise to a point where they need to shut everything down again.
Have any of you been out for this nice mental break?
Dale.

Man, this lockdown has been a long, boring road, but recently the Alberta government lifted the ban on in-person dining at restaurants. As it was my wife's birthday this past week, the timing was perfect to finally get out of the house for some change of scenery and a good meal. Prior to Covid, we used to go out for dinner at least once a month, but we had not been out for such a long time. We went to our favourite place, The Keg, and had a wonderful meal! The last time we were there was in August, so this felt great. It was indeed like coming up for a breath of fresh air, after being drenched in the stink of the Covid air.
It was a nice mental break from all the crap we have had to put up with. I sure hope our numbers don't start to rise to a point where they need to shut everything down again.
Dale.
Brenda and I have not been in a restaurant since we were in Colombia last March and honestly have no intentions to do so until some semblance of normality and a significant drop in Covid numbers returns to the Country. My BBQ and smoker have seen a significant increase in use though. To be honest, neither of us have been bored. We have two German Shepherds, 160 acres of pasture and bush to play in and hunt coyotes, a big heated shop where I do my antique restorations, and I delved into the world of on-line antique sales this year for the first time. Living on a farm does have it's advantages in times like these. Once a month or so I do go to town for a few grocery necessities and as I look around, I do feel for the people out there who are more confined and don't have much in the way of hobbies they love to help maintain some sanity.

Brenda and I have not been in a restaurant since we were in Colombia last March and honestly have no intentions to do so until some semblance of normality and a significant drop in Covid numbers returns to the Country. My BBQ and smoker have seen a significant increase in use though. To be honest, neither of us have been bored. We have two German Shepherds, 160 acres of pasture and bush to play in and hunt coyotes, a big heated shop where I do my antique restorations, and I delved into the world of on-line antique sales this year for the first time. Living on a farm does have it's advantages in times like these. Once a month or so I do go to town for a few grocery necessities and as I look around, I do feel for the people out there who are more confined and don't have much in the way of hobbies they love to help maintain some sanity.
That sounds perfect, Erik. I would love to live on a big chunk of land out of the city (as long as the TV reception is good :p )

Dale.
Yes. Thanks to CCF reading a lot of the post. Keeps me reading. Keep posting guys. 🥂😷 Cheers

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.