ariker

Casual User
Jul 27, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
I'm sure this could be somewhere on here but I couldn't find it. Everyone knows this is a very common problem, but I had a mechanic that owns a vette himself tell me that the abs control module was absolutely used in different models, ie Cadillac. The only problem is that he wasn't sure which model it was. Anyone ever heard of this theory?

Are you having trouble with yours?

Some of the ABS modules in the C5 have a cold solder problem in the module, it is a fairly easy fix, if your handy with a soldering gun.

Reactions: ariker
Are you having trouble with yours?

Some of the ABS modules in the C5 have a cold solder problem in the module, it is a fairly easy fix, if your handy with a soldering gun.
I never knew that, a million thanks. It doesn't give me any trouble, just annoying lights. I found the video on how to clear lights and codes as well on youtube

If your ABS light keeps coming on, probably that is the problem.
My 01 was doing it, I found a thread on one of the forums that had a very detailed write up on removing the module, opening the case and illustrating the problem solder joints.( Can't remember which site, Google is your friend)
I repaired mine last fall, but it started acting up again, pulled it a second time and found that I didn't get a good resolder on one of the connections.
Haven't had any problem since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.