Mike D

Casual User
Nov 16, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1993 Corvette
Does anyone know where this 4 wire connector plugs in to? It is for the cruise control and the wire colours are pink, blue, grey and black. It sticks out of the lower steering column.

Attachments

• P1130275.JPG
    P1130275.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
that does look like a cruise connector but not poistive since there is the air bag deal there too. If I don't forget I'll 2morrow try take a peak at mine and see what I can see.

• Useful
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Thanks, any help would be appreciated. I rebuilt the steering column and all other wires are accounted for (including the air bag) .

Air bag always have yellow plastic connectors. These colors are for the cruise control engage switch, I can recall the connector from the 90's and prior era. It connect to another female connector with a green, a yellow, a red and another wire than I cant read the collor. I hope it help

well I got down on my knees with a flashlight and a telescopic mirror but just can't see anything under that dash. I looked online and found this for a 1990 C4 so hopefully it will help you as I would think it should be the same. :
:
: quote :

There's a very short connector pigtail hanging from your wiper switch likely that you haven't attached yet to the end plate cover at the multi-function area of the lock housing cover. It should be very obvious. The wire colors are NOT a match but the connector is obvious. The pigtail will attach to the end base cover plate, then plug in your connector .

90 Vette Cruise Wires 2.JPG

90 Vette Cruise Wires.JPG

Thanks. I (we) just found the connector. My buddy, who has been an auto mechanic for over 30 years looked at it tonight for about 45 secs and says "yeah that's it", turned it 90 degrees, plugs it together and says "see it doesn't look right but that's how it fits". P.S. it's the connector that's in my pic. LOL.

good you got it figured out. GM used that plug for many years in their vehicles but as stated the wire colors are different , but no other connector uses that plug other than the cruise so can't really make a mistake.

Air bag always have yellow plastic connectors. These colors are for the cruise control engage switch, I can recall the connector from the 90's and prior era. It connect to another female connector with a green, a yellow, a red and another wire than I cant read the collor. I hope it help

Thanks! That's the one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.