Apr 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1989 corvette
Province
ON
My Vette came with the selective ride control and electronic handling option. I AM looking to replace the bilstein shocks with 200000 km (124000miles) with new original adjustable shocks. I AM NOT CERTAIN AS TO WHAT PART# I REQUIRE.
Also if I decide to simply replace these shocks with non adjustable billsteins is there a special
part # for that.
Thanks

FX3 was one of the first things I removed from my 93.
The FX3 shocks adjust by the switch setting “and” the speed of the car.
I found that at low speeds regardless of the switch setting the rear end tended to bob up and down like the car had no shocks at all despite a visual check showed the shocks weren’t leaking and the adjusters were all operational with no trouble lights on.
I reasoned that a new set of heavy duty bilsteins would do more for ride quality than 25 year old FX3 shocks.
For me the FX3 in the day was high tech but like the antiquated TPMS system and the Bose Gold audio system these technologies have been long ago eclipsed by newer technologies and retaining them had no cost benefits.
I got bilstein part numbers from the bilstein website and have been more than happy with the new shocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread