Nov 23, 2016
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
89 C4 Corvette
hey guys, I am going to be finished paying off a C4 in a week and will be picking it up at the same time. It has been in a heated garage for 5 months during winter and when we started it up a bit of white smoke was coming out of the magnaflow exhaust. i even have a video so you can see. Its probably from sitting around for a long time but im not a mechanic. Thoughts?

I agree with Malcolm , if you don't taste that sweet smell then she ain't burning antifreeze. And it would be really white smoke if it was. To me it looks bluish smoke, could be just a little oil down the valve guides and will clear up after a good warm up and run.

Agree with you Brian, I think it's nothing. Now a blown head gasket that's another story...

actually i was with the corvette last time it was running back in october. it was perfectly fine. which has me thinking same thing. just some condensation or something. it didnt smell out of the ordinary and i know what a usless head gasket does. this is definitly not a gasket issue which im glad about.

Wouldn't anti freeze show on the oil dipstick as a chocolate milky colour, if it was a head gasket?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.