May 31, 2009
hespeler, cambridge
VetteCoins
Car
1987 c4
Hello all, 87 targa squeaks and is clearly out of adjustment looking at where targa buts up against rear panel. My son and i want to try adjust it this week. Godd father son project. Have directions and seems simple. Anyone ever do this and if so was it as simple as it seems? Time of job estimate would be great so I know if I am on the right track. Thx, Dave
[mob][/mob]

Take pictures! We want to see how it's done! I am about to replace some weather stripping on my targa top so I should take my own advise and take pictures while I complete this.

Take pictures! We want to see how it's done! I am about to replace some weather stripping on my targa top so I should take my own advise and take pictures while I complete this.
Finally worked up the nerve a few weeks ago. 4 screws from plastic cover. Discovered one of the bolts holding the back targa bracket was loose. Tightened it and voila no more noise. Glorious difference.
[mob][/mob]

Some of the buttons on my automatic temp control aren't working anymore or sporadic. Googling shows common issue with the electronic control faceplate. Apparently if u take it out and clean the contacts they work just fine again. Found lots of references to it. Gunna try that next time I get a chance. Haynes book procedure appears easy although procedure for heater and radio seems to be different which doesn't make sense. Mabe I should post question in forum. Someone must have done it.
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.