Your car is not an authentic Canadian vehicle. The Canadian variant has a very large premium on MSRP to cover the cost of customizations to the 5% metric demographic customer base. It could be as simple as an EPROM upgrade, but you would have to get that from the black market.

Thank you, Guess I'll have to get speedo transfer.

Your car is not an authentic Canadian vehicle. The Canadian variant has a very large premium on MSRP to cover the cost of customizations to the 5% metric demographic customer base. It could be as simple as an EPROM upgrade, but you would have to get that from the black market.

To answer your question “how to read imperial digital dash to metric” simply move the selector from metric to english at the information display panel. its a slider switch.

now the non-digital oldschool analog odometer reading in the upper right of the digital dash frame, that does not change when you slide the english metric button.

it can be changed, although ive never seen anyone bother. its *nothing* to do with an eeprom lol. its an actual gear ratio between the little electric motor and the odometer drive gear. i would *not* mess with that. leave it be and just tell people “flick the switch to metric and you will be driving in metric, but the mileage odometer will remain in the cars factory preset. not a big deal.

to determine if your car was a canadian export, simply look at the rpo sticker. on an 86 i believe they had been moved to bottomside the center console lid.

you are looking for these “z31” and “z49”

those were related to “canadian export”. ive never seen a canadian export car without those two codes. post a picture of your sticker and ill have a look at it for you.

the only thing ive found with clarity in the canadian export versions of the c4 was a blockheater.

hope that helps OP!

to the guy who replied....i do not think he knows much about c4’s

Hi Alan. Your reply sort of imies that perhaps your interior is “not all there” which would explain why you had not seen the “english-metric” slider button.

Do you need some help sourcing one? Where I live in canada, alberta, i always call Jason at Western Corvette. Im quite sure he will have one for you. Unless he is able to verify multiple years share the same part, insist on one from an 86.

If you are in Ontario or east, there is an outfit called “northern corvette” ive not dealt with them but ive seen them mentioned as well.

As for the question on the yellow button in the center console. I suspect it one of three rear hatch buttons. Though i have to say, im not 100% on if there was a center console mounted yellow hatch release button on the early cars. Ive sold all my early cars and cannot verify. Does the yellow button look like a factory piece? If yes, it would likely be the hach release. Though my memory is that they are installed at the forward position. Not rear.

Im happy to help and assist. I had my 86 couple right down to the guts at one point. If yes, can you post a picture set of the interior of the car so i can get an idea of the scope of your project?

Cheers.

oh, and there should also be slider buttons (they slide downwards) on the rear face of both door cards. These also release the hatch.

Hi Alan. Your reply sort of imies that perhaps your interior is “not all there” which would explain why you had not seen the “english-metric” slider button.

Do you need some help sourcing one? Where I live in canada, alberta, i always call Jason at Western Corvette. Im quite sure he will have one for you. Unless he is able to verify multiple years share the same part, insist on one from an 86.

If you are in Ontario or east, there is an outfit called “northern corvette” ive not dealt with them but ive seen them mentioned as well.

As for the question on the yellow button in the center console. I suspect it one of three rear hatch buttons. Though i have to say, im not 100% on if there was a center console mounted yellow hatch release button on the early cars. Ive sold all my early cars and cannot verify. Does the yellow button look like a factory piece? If yes, it would likely be the hach release. Though my memory is that they are installed at the forward position. Not rear.

Im happy to help and assist. I had my 86 couple right down to the guts at one point. If yes, can you post a picture set of the interior of the car so i can get an idea of the scope of your project?

Cheers.

oh, and there should also be slider buttons (they slide downwards) on the rear face of both door cards. These also release the hatch.
When yellow button is pushed I can hear an electric motor sound. There are two wire like pulls ( 1 each side at doors that release rear hatch.
With regard to dash I was not aware that the slider would change the speedo and thought it was only for all the other gauges that are not on my newer suvs. Nothing seems to be missing. Wife has had be cacoon her car for the winter so not much being done with it.
Thanks for you quick replies.