Ranman

2 You're 10
Aug 21, 2013
ancaster
VetteCoins
Car
Hi all, need some help. I am looking at buying this. is the install as simple as removing my stock one and bolting this on? anything else I need to know? Will it give be any difference?

$(KGrHqZ,!ngFJB2y805,BSVZWygW!!~~48_35[1].jpg

Are you certain that is for a C4? All those "upgrades" do is lighten your wallet. I would not screw around with all the factory componentry on the car, potential of opening up a can of worms. This is just my own opinion though, good luck.

Thanks. I was getting cold feet anyways. I like mine the way it is. I was thinking about maybe doing something to customize the air damn opening below though. I get was too much debris up through there. I have some people put a screen over the opening to stop it. any advice?

No not that one. I don't think it's made for your car. There are already a couple of aftermarket ones out there. If you can remove you're front plate air will ram thru there. You would be improving the sound, but unless there's other mods you'd just get bottle necked somewhere else.

I've been around musclecar since the sixties and have seen a lot of gifts to humanity come and go. Ten years from now, most of these new intakes will have been forgotten as they probably do nothing for hp. Colin gave me a good deal on a Vararam intake for our 2006. Vararam's advertising sounds good and guys drag racing tend to back up the advertising. The ram effect seems to make a difference. Unless I go to the track, I will never know and on the street, running above 70 mph isn't the smartest move either. In the end, it was something neat to add without breaking the bank. Another little conversation piece at cruise nights. I don't see where these other intakes would make any difference at all. If I find that I am getting an oiled up MAF sensor or other problems, the old intake will go back on. So far, no problem.

Are you certain that is for a C4? All those "upgrades" do is lighten your wallet. I would not screw around with all the factory componentry on the car, potential of opening up a can of worms. This is just my own opinion though, good luck.

Totally agree since any such upgrade (if indeed it's meant for your C4) will net a few ponies at best and only in the upper rpm range.

I would personally avoid it but that's entirely up to you. You know best what you're dealing with and its application.

G/L
Colin.

I too believe that's not intended for our cars. Personally just stick to the cut lid and do that yourself.
I have the below SLP setup but I've yet to confirm if its generating any positive pressure. http://www.vetteworksintl.com/images/fr732.jpg but
Slp makes great hp making mods for snowmobiles. Did not know they made for cars. Is this thing true??? make extra pwr?

I think that would just suck hot air into your engine from the engine bay. Best to keep the snorkel stock looking thing. There are a few things you can do to get more air to the engine.
1. cut the air lid wide open
2. get a high flow air filter
3. cut the screen out of your MAF sensor
4. relocate the intake air temperature sensor in front of the MAF sensor to give an accurate temp reading for the ecm. when mounted in its original spot it would get hot and the ecm would retard the ignition.
5. clean the radiator to run cooler
6. install air foil. most people say this does nothing but it does help direct air smoothly into the throttle body
7. reroute the coolant hose and bypass the throttlebody, why heat up the throttlebody with warm coolant?
8. low temp thermo stat will keep your engine running cooler. I have a 160 in my 85 and a 180 in my 84

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.