gerald mindenhall

I'm New Here
2 You're 10
Sep 29, 2012
coombs.B.C
VetteCoins
Car
79 vette with 4 speed , i was under my car and decided to check the tranny oil
as i had never checked it in the fourteen years i,ve owned the car i removed the top plug and a whole bunch of grey oil came pouring out
what ever it was was above the fill hole i drained the whole trans and ended up with the greyest oil i,ve ever seen ?
ive never driven in the rain pressure washed under the car and never parked it in a lake or river has any one seen anything like this before
im going to run the car with new oil and check it again in a few weeks to see if its ok

as i had never checked it in the fourteen years i,ve owned the car i removed the top plug and a whole bunch of grey oil came pouring out
what ever it was was above the fill hole i drained the whole trans and ended up with the greyest oil i,ve ever seen ?
ive never driven in the rain pressure washed under the car and never parked it in a lake or river has any one seen anything like this before
im going to run the car with new oil and check it again in a few weeks to see if its ok

Humidity will get in through the vent. Not surprised after 14 years.

Great you changed it. Should be good for at least another 10. Maybe check it Every 5 years. 😂
Easy @turbozig Im kidding. I’m sure he will be checking annually now.

Says a lot about the ruggedness of these transmissions.

Good post. @gerald mindenhall 👍

I changed the trans. oil in my '76 about twenty years ago.
I put in synthetic trans oil even though everyone said it would affect the syncro ring action.
No problems though and it is still in there.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.