Dec 31, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
73 vette
Province
ON
Hi guys, i just purchased a 73 vette for a project car and my question is about body removal, i read some info on the net that was very useful
but am still confused on a few points, when lifting the body DOES the front frame extensions along with the rad support and the large vacuum tank
come along with the body or does it remain attached to the frame? i keep looking at it and would think that it would be a lot of extra weight on the nose of the
body, would like any advice before i start wrenching on it, eventually all the brackets will have to come off to be cleaned and painted but for now the frame is going to be my main target, thanks in advance, Scotty

Hi guys, i just purchased a 73 vette for a project car and my question is about body removal, i read some info on the net that was very useful
but am still confused on a few points, when lifting the body DOES the front frame extensions along with the rad support and the large vacuum tank
come along with the body or does it remain attached to the frame? i keep looking at it and would think that it would be a lot of extra weight on the nose of the
body, would like any advice before i start wrenching on it, eventually all the brackets will have to come off to be cleaned and painted but for now the frame is going to be my main target, thanks in advance, Scotty
Welcome to the forum scotty. We have lots of guys doing or have done body off restos. Scroll through the C3 forum heading. A couple come to mind who might be able to advise are @turbozig @taylorsk8 @Jr. Corvette and lots more I've missed

Hi, doing a 79 right now. Take a peak at my posts. Fairly documented strip down. Any questions, pm me, and initially, yes. Take the front frame section off, its a heavy bugger, but taking it out takes no time at all and it needs to be out of your way. If you are going to put the body on a stand, make sure you re mount the rad support to the body before you lift. I think ive got pics of my set up in my thread.

Welcome to the crazy world of c3 frame off!

Users who are viewing this thread