Aug 24, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1968
Province
ON
My backup lights are always on. I have looked on the transmission and shift linkage for a switch, I see nothing. Has anyone else come across this? Where are the wires at the firewall. I can install a new switch, but need to locate the wires

My backup lights are always on. I have looked on the transmission and shift linkage for a switch, I see nothing. Has anyone else come across this? Where are the wires at the firewall. I can install a new switch, but need to locate the wires
Is your car an automatic or manual tranny? The advice I gave in your other post with this question was for a 4 speed. If it's an auto, look under the shifter boot.

I also moved your posts here to the proper forum.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. It is a manual. I have been under the car, there is nothing on tranny or shifter

Driver's side. This is what it should look like. Hard to see unless you're right underneath it. If not, someone has removed it. The green and pink wires would have gone up to the firewall and connected to the harness near the wiper motor.

1569537176456.png

1569536412082.png

I have been under the car, there is nothing there. No switch, no wires. Yes, someone has removed it. Don't understand why. I need to trace the wires so I can install a new switch. Just need to figure out the wiring.
Thank you very much for the response and the pictures

Reactions: Rruuff Day
mines an auto and it was missing the neutral safety switch as well, the connections are there so I bought a replacement which I will install over the winter.

This courtesy of JohnZ. Thats all I got freddy.

You'll have a pink and a light green wire terminating in a double connector on the dash harness; it comes through the firewall grommet with the wiper motor wiring, and connects to the mating connector on the end of the pigtail harness that comes up from the backup light switch on the transmission.

1569714131185.png

Reactions: CCO
Ok great. I will take a look to see if I find the wires. Seems though the previous owner did s lot of stupid things. Lol
I appreciate the help. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.