I've seen posts where other C8 owners have scraped their front ends.

The plastic Z51 splitter is cheap to replace...carbon 5VM, not so much. If you really want the 5VM look, consider the ACS Composites front lip. It's plastic and is a bit more forgiving.

I've seen posts where other C8 owners have scraped their front ends.

The plastic Z51 splitter is cheap to replace...carbon 5VM, not so much. If you really want the 5VM look, consider the ACS Composites front lip. It's plastic and is a bit more forgiving.
Thanks. I edited my original post to say 5VM style. I won't be paying in the thousands of dollars for this. :)

Yes it does stick out more and yes it does pose a greater threat of being scrapped. Gotta keep this in mind and be more conscious and cautious. But I also have front lift on my car which makes me feel a lot better having the longer 5VM style splitter.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-20 at 12.38.07 AM.jpeg

I've got a C7 Z06. Last year I purchased a product from ACS. It's called scrape armor. It goes under your front splitter. It protects the splitter from scrapes and road rash. It was almost $600. But now I don't have to worry so much about scraping the front end, as the scrape armor takes the beating and not the splitter. I don't see one for a C8 yet, but I'd give them a call to see if they have one in the works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.