Sep 9, 2019
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Watch this from ACS where they state where "We wanted one kit" start watching at 3:37 then "we had the opportunity to buy a lot" "we are going to pass these onto out customers" so they screwed anyone on getting a 5VM LPO at cost and are now marking it up 2600$ pre tax and shipping TOTAL SCAM

5VM SCAM

Last edited:
Kevin, I thought the same will watching earlier today why even make the parts when it sounded like this stuff was better quality then even they can produce with no overhead just be the middleman. Not sure if I will deal with them.
I was shocked when the lad goes we wanted one for our vehicle then we got lots SCALPERS!!!! hey if you make your own stuff that's great but don't stockpile parts that we can order from GM ourselves and dry up the pond then charge an owner an extra 1500$ WTF I anm thinking of reporting this to GM US and Canada as many folks wanted that LPO and were told that it was not available then these guys show 12 in their loading bay....dispicable

Watch this from ACS where they state where "We wanted one kit" start watching at 3:37 then "we had the opportunity to buy a lot" "we are going to pass these onto out customers" so they screwed anyone on getting a 5VM LPO at cost and are now marking it up 1500$ TOTAL SCAM

5VM SCAM

Yes that is pretty greasy. Ridiculous price and then forced to pay the dealership to install the damn thing.
So much for saving $ going aftermarket. However the guy said the truckload was already sold out so the market is there. Can’t wait to see the prices on this stuff 24 months from now. Now they are getting all the cash they can... while they can.

Yes that is pretty greasy. Ridiculous price and then forced to pay the dealership to install the damn thing.
So much for saving $ going aftermarket. However the guy said the truckload was already sold out so the market is there. Can’t wait to see the prices on this stuff 24 months from now. Now they are getting all the cash they can... while they can.
This is complete BS we should all share in Youtube

I was geeking out watching that entire video (engineering background).

At first, I was wondering why it was a nearly $6,000 CAD option from the factory, where the C7 option was only, what, $4,000 or $4,500?? Holy CRAP a lot of work goes into those things, and the design and attention to detail are insane!

Side note: If you order these separately from the parts department, they will be MORE than the $6,000 they are as a factory option. We've had to replace side rockers and a front lip on C7 (separate occasions) for customers and they were $2,500+ for the front lip and $1,800+ for each individual side rocker - and that's not including labour.

Let me ask you something:

If you were running a business and you got some parts that cost you $6,000 or more, how much would you charge your customer?

If your answer if $5,000, then you won't have a business for long. You need to make something and $1,500 on a $6,000 product, or 25% markup, really isn't that much at the end of the day. If you buy a coffee from Tim Horton's the markup is nearly 500%.

Oh, and they're offering FREE SHIPPING across all of the USA. Do you know how much it costs to ship something THAT BIG?

Edit to add:

I just found the parts available elsewhere. MSRP on it is $4,600 USD, then shipping is in the $300 USD range, so lets say it's $5,000. They're charging $6,000 USD. If they had to pay $4,600 for them, which I can believe because they're a direct competitor to GM, $1,000 markup isn't really a huge amount on 12 items. That's not even enough to pay half their staff for a month.

Last edited:

If you were running a business and you got some parts that cost you $6,000 or more, how much would you charge your customer?

If your answer if $5,000, then you won't have a business for long. You need to make something and $1,500 on a $6,000 product, or 25% markup, really isn't that much at the end of the day. If you buy a coffee from Tim Horton's the markup is nearly 500%.
No I not saying you are makiing too much profit, ACS is simply selling GM parts.

At first, I was wondering why it was a nearly $6,000 CAD option from the factory, where the C7 option was only, what, $4,000 or $4,500?? Holy CRAP a lot of work goes into those things, and the design and attention to detail are insane!

Side note: If you order these separately from the parts department, they will be MORE than the $6,000 they are as a factory option. We've had to replace side rockers and a front lip on C7 (separate occasions) for customers and they were $2,500+ for the front lip and $1,800+ for each individual side rocker.

Yes EJ as an owner of a heavily laden (little play on words) factory carbon fibre C7 the OEM prices are very high compared to some aftermarket pieces of the same construction and design. (Have to be sure you are getting like for like though)
So traditionally one would go aftermarket to buy this stuff as it is literally half the price. Especially if you order separately from GM as you mentioned. Been down this road with 3 Z06s.
But in this case it’s the opposite. It’s truly unfortunate GM could not live up to their own hype with the carbon fibre trims because it is generally very good quality and warranty covered if on the original build. So despite the higher prices you know what you’re getting with some piece of mind.
Definitely savings are there traditionally with like for like aftermarket, but not in this case. I could truly understand the big price if they were manufacturing the pieces but they are just scalping them as pointed out above. We may not like it but the market is there. I expect all of us would be doing the same thing. After all it’s business not charity.

Side note: If you order these separately from the parts department, they will be MORE than the $6,000 they are as a factory option. We've had to replace side rockers and a front lip on C7 (separate occasions) for customers and they were $2,500+ for the front lip and $1,800+ for each individual side rocker - and that's not including labour.

This is crazy to say the least,

These are GM PARTS not parts made by ACS.... for the complete LPO was 5695$ CDN for both splitter and rockers and they want 4489$ for the rockers alone and then another 3809$ for the splitter ....of is one doozie 6098$ US for the package ....WTF

Reactions: Gilles27
This is crazy to say the least,

These are GM PARTS not parts made by ACS.... for the complete LPO was 5695$ CDN for both splitter and rockers and they want 4489$ for the rockers alone and then another 3809$ for the splitter ....of is one doozie 6098$ US for the package ....WTF

That's $5,695 CAD (which is not comparable to the USD price), from the factory. If you ordered the same parts from a GM dealer parts department, the final price would be significantly more.

Case and point:

The Carbon Flash-painted high wing spoiler is a $670 option from the factory, installed on your car. From parts, it's $1,173, and that's not including the 4-5 hours of install @ $110/hour.

Watch this from ACS where they state where "We wanted one kit" start watching at 3:37 then "we had the opportunity to buy a lot" "we are going to pass these onto out customers" so they screwed anyone on getting a 5VM LPO at cost and are now marking it up 1500$ TOTAL SCAM

5VM SCAM
Definitely not a scam. That's just business and it's up to the buyer if they absolutely need to be the first to have it. It's also why the tech sector makes so much cash. In 3 or 4 years there will be plenty of aftermarket options which will drive the prices down and also result in very little GM constraints. I've learned from all the different cars I've purchased over the years that you are never better off being first but I also have to admit I loved the attention it gave me. In short you can't blame a guy trying to take advantage. I definitely would and have.

Oh, and they're offering FREE SHIPPING across all of the USA. Do you know how much it costs to ship something THAT BIG?

Edit to add:

I just found the parts available elsewhere. MSRP on it is $4,600 USD, then shipping is in the $300 USD range, so lets say it's $5,000. They're charging $6,000 USD. If they had to pay $4,600 for them, which I can believe because they're a direct competitor to GM, $1,000 markup isn't really a huge amount on 12 items. That's not even enough to pay half their staff for a month.
If I'm a scalping business that's great, I buy a whole bunch concert tickets as I can afford them, when the tickets go on sale then the concert sells out in 2 hours...I own 500 tickets then I sell them at a huge mark up....but I for myself only need 2 tickets...so I screw 498 people at face value tickets...That it total BS!

Definitely not a scam. That's just business and it's up to the buyer if they absolutely need to be the first to have it. It's also why the tech sector makes so much cash. In 3 or 4 years there will be plenty of aftermarket options which will drive the prices down and also result in very little GM constraints. I've learned from all the different cars I've purchased over the years that you are never better off being first but I also have to admit I loved the attention it gave me. In short you can't blame a guy trying to take advantage. I definitely would and have.
Thing is people ordered this LPO for their vehicle on their builds and were told due to limited availability that some builds could not have this option for their build

kudos to ACS...$8185:canada: 🔫
original :canada: LPO price $5695...wanna play/gotta play :thumbs:
View attachment 36915View attachment 36916View attachment 36917

You forgot to show the MSRP in USD to CAD:

Screenshot (23).png

Thing is people ordered this LPO for their vehicle on their builds and were told due to limited availability that some builds could not have this option for their build

And ACS ordered these parts, likely LONG before GM announced they were pulling them from production.

So who's really at fault? ACS for selling them and making a small profit from it, or GM for shipping out a batch to ACS to sell retail?

If ACS wanted to, they could probably sell them for $10-15k a piece and people would still buy them.

If I'm a scalping business that's great, I buy a whole bunch concert tickets as I can afford them, when the tickets go on sale then the concert sells out in 2 hours...I own 500 tickets then I sell them at a huge mark up....but I for myself only need 2 tickets...so I screw 498 people at face value tickets...That it total BS!
This same business is also taking a huge risk because you dont have to buy it and now they got a bunch of nice lawn ornaments worth nothing. But what they do best is understanding human nature and know that you need to have it now and will pay a premium. Simple answer is be patient and wait a year when there will be more options.

Reactions: drgmny and EJChevy
This same business is also taking a huge risk because you dont have to buy it and now they got a bunch of nice lawn ornaments worth nothing. But what they do best is understanding human nature and know that you need to have it now and will pay a premium. Simple answer is be patient and wait a year when there will be more options.

This.

No one is forcing anyone to buy the ground effects kit from them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.